E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Intermittent rattle from N/S in my E90

11-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Intermittent rattle from N/S in my E90

Hi guys

For about 3 weeks now, I've been hearing the most annoying yet intermittent rattle from the front right of my car, pretty much in front of me as I drive.

I hear it most when I turn left or right at speed and braking to take the corner. Strangely, I don't hear it at all when going over bumps or rough road surfaces.

I thought it might have been the driver's side air vent at first so I removed it but this didn't seem to be cause.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and what the remedy was?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Bump
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
fm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: coming soon

Hi tom

You are describing exactly what I had with my car. There is a thread in the technical side of the forum where I shared my experience on this.

Is your rattle dependant on speed? Mine was from the exact same location as yours however only from 35-40mph+. There is a PUMA alert out on this so BMW are aware. I believe some rubber mount was changed in mine and not had a rattle since. Mine was done at spire Ruislip if that helps. Drop me a pm if you want more info.

Regards
Appreciate 0