F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Installation - M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
GetBMWParts

12-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
TopDown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540i M Sport

Garage List
Installation - M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals

BMW part # 35002232278 (for automatic transmission).

Tools required:
  • Variable speed drill
  • Titanium drill bits - 3/32" and 3/16"
  • Masking tape
  • 7mm ratchet wrench
  • 7mm open end wrench
  • S2 T15 star driver

Helpful hints:
Remove the floor mat, and move the driver's seat as far back as it will go. It also helps do this with as good lighting as you can get (I did mine outdoors with the convertible top down).

Instructions for the brake pedal (harder). Accelerator pedal to follow.
  1. Remove the factory rubber covering from the brake pedal.
  2. Secure pieces of masking tape to the steel brake pedal where the three holes will be drilled - this will facilitate marking the drill holes with marker.
  3. Attach the replacement rubber covering over the steel brake pedal, ensuring that the upper right lip covers the pedal, as well as as all four sides.
  4. Mark the drill holes with a dark marker through the holes in the replacement rubber pedal cover.
  5. Remove the replacement rubber pedal cover.
  6. Start a pilot hole using the 3/32" titanium drill bit. Start drilling at a low RPM and gradually increase RPM until you see metal shavings.
  7. After drilling the pilot hole, shift to a 3/16" titanium drill bit - this is the final optimum size to accomodate the bolts.
  8. Repeat for the other two holes.
  9. Remove the masking tape.
  10. Fasten the replacement rubber covering to the steel brake pedal and run all three bolts through to test for fit.
  11. If all three holes are in good alignment, remove the bolts, attach the stainless steel cover, and then reinsert the bolts.
  12. Secure the nuts from behind - the two leftside nuts can be tightened with a 7mm ratchet while holding the bolts with the S2 T15 star driver.
  13. The rightside nut it tricky as it must be slid into place between the back of the steel brake pedal and the rubber covering overhang. Tape the nut to a small flatblade screwdrive and carefully slide into position behind the steel brake pedal. This takes trial and error (and a little patience), but after a few tries you'll be able to mate the bolt to the nut.

Instructions for the accelerator pedal.
  1. Clean the factory accelerator pedal with alcohol.
  2. Test the stainless steel accelerator pedal for fit - before removing the release backing.
  3. When you are satisfied with the location, remove the release backing, secure the stainless steel accelerator pedal to the factory accelerator pedal and hold in place with small clamps.
  4. Drill holes using a 3/32" drill bit - the factory accelerator pedal is plastic so the drilling will be quick and easy.
  5. Fasten the two screws and tighten with the S2 T15 star driver .
Attached Images

Mine
G30 540i M Sport
Hers F36 440i Gran Coupe
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
997usa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4 - Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
BMW part # 35002232278 (for automatic transmission).

Tools required:
  • Variable speed drill
  • Titanium drill bits - 3/32" and 3/16"
  • Masking tape
  • 7mm ratchet wrench
  • 7mm open end wrench
  • S2 T15 star driver

Helpful hints:
Remove the floor mat, and move the driver's seat as far back as it will go. It also helps do this with as good lighting as you can get (I did mine outdoors with the convertible top down).

Instructions for the brake pedal (harder). Accelerator pedal to follow.
  1. Remove the factory rubber covering from the brake pedal.
  2. Secure pieces of masking tape to the steel brake pedal where the three holes will be drilled - this will facilitate marking the drill holes with marker.
  3. Attach the replacement rubber covering over the steel brake pedal, ensuring that the upper right lip covers the pedal, as well as as all four sides.
  4. Mark the drill holes with a dark marker through the holes in the replacement rubber pedal cover.
  5. Remove the replacement rubber pedal cover.
  6. Start a pilot hole using the 3/32" titanium drill bit. Start drilling at a low RPM and gradually increase RPM until you see metal shavings.
  7. After drilling the pilot hole, shift to a 3/16" titanium drill bit - this is the final optimum size to accomodate the bolts.
  8. Repeat for the other two holes.
  9. Remove the masking tape.
  10. Fasten the replacement rubber covering to the steel brake pedal and run all three bolts through to test for fit.
  11. If all three holes are in good alignment, remove the bolts, attach the stainless steel cover, and then reinsert the bolts.
  12. Secure the nuts from behind - the two leftside nuts can be tightened with a 7mm ratchet while holding the bolts with the S2 T15 star driver.
  13. The rightside nut it tricky as it must be slid into place between the back of the steel brake pedal and the rubber covering overhang. Tape the nut to a small flatblade screwdrive and carefully slide into position behind the steel brake pedal. This takes trial and error (and a little patience), but after a few tries you'll be able to mate the bolt to the nut.

Instructions for the accelerator pedal.
  1. Clean the factory accelerator pedal with alcohol.
  2. Test the stainless steel accelerator pedal for fit - before removing the release backing.
  3. When you are satisfied with the location, remove the release backing, secure the stainless steel accelerator pedal to the factory accelerator pedal and hold in place with small clamps.
  4. Drill holes using a 3/32" drill bit - the factory accelerator pedal is plastic so the drilling will be quick and easy.
  5. Fasten the two screws and tighten with the S2 T15 star driver .
Awesome post - thanks - i just installed them
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
Ochoa1801
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2103 Bmw 328i xdrive

Nice
Appreciate 0