E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Ao1 AKA Richard's 325i

01-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Ao1 AKA Richard's 325i

If you want to see a wrapped car takea look at Richard's fettled 325i. Stunningly executed wrapped example.(Photo's sadly on the day aren't my best and phoo's by the way re this cars finosh do not do the end result justice)

Anyway Ricahrd wasn't with us to show me his wrap..

He was here so that we could reacquaint ourselves with EBC brakes. We hav ebeen a dealer for EBC for many years yet for one reason or another we haven't called upon their product line at all (though a few years ago we used them widly but had several issues with glazing etc.) When Richard first called I wasn't certain as brakes with us are a touchy subject due to various issues that mean cars come back due to various problems custoerms encounter such as noise or vibration. So we tend to go OEM these days if we can purely based on the fact that once fitted they cause our customers minimum inconvenience. However after Richard's phone call as a dealer (though stagnent) we opted to call EBC to see what was on offer and discuss the past issues we had seen.

A lengthy phone call then took place and all doubts were quashed. Therefore Richard's request for EBC brakes were about to become a reality as we were comfortable with the answers we'd been given. Green stuff pads were recommended I understand the discs are USR slotted dimpled rota's

So on they went. The fronts and rears were presented from the box in black(I was hoping the black finish would last... but after a brief drive sadly it didn't-which is a shame) these are the front's slotted and dimpled

these are the rears(odd at first that the dimples and slots on the rears are all black where as the front's show the slots and dimples a bit more out of the box)

But with the wheeels on

We spent a decent amount of time carrying out the fitting as there was no need to rush. Road test so I was old proved 100% with no decentable noise reported. We are of course very interested to hear Richards feedback on these brakes as we haven't installed any EBC parts since 2011.

And that's it hope Richard had a good drive home as the weatehr was a bit iffy on the day with a snow shower popping up to surprise us.. But good meeting your Richard... trust the entertainment while you were ton site amused you

01-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Good to see you are finally using EBC! Honestly give them a try on your own car. They are much improved from earlier years when they did have issues.

I will be opting for yellows and USR discs. The black coating will go after a bit, but i prefer the silver anyway!

Steve, i can supply cheap EBC parts if you're interested. I haven't seen anyone match my prices, unless it just a set of pads
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks for doing a great job Steve and nice to meet you. I drove home carefully to make sure the brakes get worn in properly. Even with light braking I can feel a better bite. Once they are worn in I’ll report back, but I will be surprised if they are not a good improvement over OEM.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

nice car A01, get a lip spoiler on asap!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 05:42 AM   #5
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
Thanks for doing a great job Steve and nice to meet you. I drove home carefully to make sure the brakes get worn in properly. Even with light braking I can feel a better bite. Once they are worn in I’ll report back, but I will be surprised if they are not a good improvement over OEM.
Lovely
      01-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
Adam1712
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335d

Saw this a while back and as Steve said, the pics don't do it justice. Much nicer in the flesh!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #7
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
nice car A01, get a lip spoiler on asap!
I’ve got an M3 style (boot) spoiler ready to go. I’ve got it booked in with Totally Dynamics for the end of the month to get wrapped and then it will be fitted.

Last edited by Ao1; 01-19-2015 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #8
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1712 View Post
Saw this a while back and as Steve said, the pics don't do it justice. Much nicer in the flesh!
My car is not photogenic. It’s difficult to photo with sunlight and the colour varies depending on its surroundings. The photo below show how much the wrap can vary depending on lighting/ surrounding conditions and none of them really reflect the car in the flesh.

I recently applied Nanolex Matte Pro Paint Sealant to the wrap, which is specially designed for matte paint and wraps. It made it slightly darker, but still impossible to photo well.

It’s got its first bit of non-black colour now. Green brake pads.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ao1; 01-19-2015 at 06:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #9
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Lovely
Hi Steve, I read the EBC bed in guide. It mentions better bite during bed in whilst the brake coating works, which is probably what I could feel driving home. Can't wait to get them bedded in, but as I'm very low millage it will take a while.

http://ebc.wpengine.com/articles/how...ban-driving-2/
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
Hi Steve, I read the EBC bed in guide. It mentions better bite during bed in whilst the brake coating works, which is probably what I could feel driving home. Can't wait to get them bedded in, but as I'm very low millage it will take a while.

http://ebc.wpengine.com/articles/how...ban-driving-2/
Cool, the EBC stuffs still "fresh to us"brakes are brakes to a degree but bedding in advise differs oh so slightly from brand to brand and also from distributor to distributor.

Thanks for the guide, we've been speaking to EBC about getting display material etc and also various bits of info for futur customers. as yet heard nothing back!