F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Software Flash !! finally here
ARMA SPEED

01-31-2015, 02:06 AM   #1
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Software Flash !! finally here

Hey guys, I spoke with this Ziptuning copmany and they claimed to have software flash. I even told them about my mods and that I want more power with flash+JB4, they answered they can do that... Is this the real deal ?!!

Tool used:
http://www.magicmotorsport.com/produ...-bmw-f-series/

Company who will write/edit software:
http://www.ziptuning.com
      01-31-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i F30

None of the company's that cracked the ecu .. Use OBD to directly flash the ecu .. So I won't believe that until I see it with my own 2 eyes ... So no it's too good to be true ..
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Pfffttttt....less talkie, more do-ie...

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 02:33 AM   #4
JonD
Major
Rep
Drives: 1 Series Coupe, M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemonboostedM View Post
None of the company's that cracked the ecu .. Use OBD to directly flash the ecu .. So I won't believe that until I see it with my own 2 eyes ... So no it's too good to be true ..
They do, http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk they apparently have one of only 5 in the world tools to do it via the OBD, he's his post from a UK forum;

There will be many company's now or in next few months tuning these Ecus on the bench or drilling a hole in the new M3 and M4 ecu as these are sealed(this means the ecu needs to be remove opened or they will drill a hole in the ecu case to get to the internal pins)
So they can get to the in side of the ecu to the boot or rest time clock in the ecu so they can then upload the new tuned file
THIS WILL VOID YOUR BMW WARRANTY 100% IF YOUR ECU IS REMOVED

How do I know all this
I've spent the last 2-3 years testing these boot tools and then using the BMW system to test if it picks it up
And then finding a ways to reprogram the ecu to remove the traces it leaves

BMW knows about the ways these boot tools work and the software in the ecu will flag up its been tuned this way

BMW are looking out for this as they are fed up with people tuning there cars in a crap way which causes problems

then having there tuner put back the ecu to stock when the engine or transmission has a Prolems (which I agree with BMW)

The only tool I know which does NOT show it's been flashed is our tool which is done by obd so NO need to remove ecu and open or drill to get the ecu code from it
We have full control over this obd tool and there is only 5 in the world as we have had the normal people try stealing it
This obd tool is only for the pro tuners who are involved in motorsport tuning not the normal so call tuners that most know about who steal others hard work

If you are getting you Fxx car tuned by a tuner ask what tool they are using and if the ecu will be removed the ecu

If anyone need help on which tool is safe to use feel free to call 02085611818
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #5
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemonboostedM
Mine will be flashed coming wednesday over obd by br-performance in belgium. The dme first needs to be taken out and unlocked for obd flashing. Then put back in the car and multiple revisions can be made over obd.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Mine will be flashed coming wednesday over obd by br-performance in belgium. The dme first needs to be taken out and unlocked for obd flashing. Then put back in the car and multiple revisions can be made over obd.
looking into that
      02-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #7
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemonboostedM
Yes once they remove the ecu from the car and work on it then they might do some uploads or so trough OBD .. But I haven't heard even one company which just flash it trough OBD without removing drilling etc.. The ecu .. I'm still skeptical about only couple of companys in the world thing .. Once I see prove of people just going their and get tune by OBD alone the. I'll believe.. But anyway brother keep us updated once your get tuned by BR-p..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #8
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Darkhold,

Do you know if br-performance will offer revisions remotely once you get the initial remap performed? For example, if you get new mods installed, could you send them a few logs and then they could send you a new updated map? I'm guessing that wouldn't be possible yet since there isn't an openly available OBD writing tool for the F series to my knowledge. I'm really hoping there is something available for the F series platform this year that is similar to what the N54/early N55 guys have(PTF / BMS backend flash).

Looking forward to your results with the br-performance remap. I'm only about 4-5 hour drive from them so it's something I would be interested in here in the near future.

-Nick
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #9
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Quote:
Darkhold,

Do you know if br-performance will offer revisions remotely once you get the initial remap performed? For example, if you get new mods installed, could you send them a few logs and then they could send you a new updated map? I'm guessing that wouldn't be possible yet since there isn't an openly available OBD writing tool for the F series to my knowledge. I'm really hoping there is something available for the F series platform this year that is similar to what the N54/early N55 guys have(PTF / BMS backend flash).

Looking forward to your results with the br-performance remap. I'm only about 4-5 hour drive from them so it's something I would be interested in here in the near future.

-Nick
Br is a 1h15 min drive for me. I am not aware of any end user handheld device. So i have to go onsite for a reflash.

This Jason from bw chiptune claims he can obd flash without opening the dme. He also said he will have end user handheld device that can flash over obd. Yet when you ask for details he says he needs the car locally in his shop for a few days.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #10
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Br is a 1h15 min drive for me. I am not aware of any end user handheld device. So i have to go onsite for a reflash.

This Jason from bw chiptune claims he can obd flash without opening the dme. He also said he will have end user handheld device that can flash over obd. Yet when you ask for details he says he needs the car locally in his shop for a few days.
Cool.

I just read that thread on babybmw. Seems promising but a little ridiculous that he would need a car for four days for a remap that he has "supposedly" performed "several" times already. Also with him being in the UK, I don't even see how it would be logistically possible to got through him.

-Nick
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #11
J_Vang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i M Sport

I frequent the local shop here, Solo Motorsports, quite often and they do flash tuning for the previous 335i gens. I asked them about F30 flashing a few months ago and they stated that it's on the way. Will keep you guys posted on that as well if it's true.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #12
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Quote:

Cool.

I just read that thread on babybmw. Seems promising but a little ridiculous that he would need a car for four days for a remap that he has "supposedly" performed "several" times already. Also with him being in the UK, I don't even see how it would be logistically possible to got through him.

-Nick
I found out that many tuners back off once you tell them you have a box like jb4 that can do logging and allow for meth injection. As if they are afraid on what you see in the logs after their tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #13
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep

^^ +1
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #14
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Yeah this is awesome. My buddy's shop has gotten word that he'll be able to flash these ECUs as well. He said he'll have an update in two weeks. I'll keep everyone posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:03 AM   #15
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

check pp-performance IG they claim OBD2 tuning.