E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Virgin 335i xdrive 2011... What's next ??

06-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
surfbum///E90
Rep
Drives: 335i

Virgin 335i xdrive 2011... What's next ??

I'm new to the forum buy better yet new to the BMW world. I've been a truck /jeep/classic car gear head my whole life and recently got an ASTONISHING deal on the 2011 BMW 335i xdrive m3 package fully loaded car I currently and owning. 25k miles one owner immaculate condition.
The bottom line is I want to start modifying the car and making it quicker and just that much more fun to drive. Now I recently put on tante BMW performance exhaust and damn that thing sounds amazing. Love the sound and am very impressed. Only other thing was I picked up some really nice winter rims and tires from another user on here who was very helpful.

I'm reaching out to everyone bc I have seen on hear a TON of abbreviations and referring to LCI and pre and abbreviations I swear I don't know who more drunk trying to figure these out me or the writer. So I'm asking for help. I've seen a ton of post and read through thousands and I'm still struggling with some members getting back to me from shops. Lemme know thoughts on what the next modification should be or suggestions on who to take it to to start some modifications.

I've looked into getting a new m3 in that sick A$$ blue color but for the price of it I'm better off buying a used Porsche turbo and modifying that. Much more horsepower and over all better handling. Not a sexy as an m3 but still is a sh*t ton of fun to drive.

Please respond or PM -thanks Josh
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Post some pics. You have LCI, which is a life cycle refresh that happened starting with late 2009 models (I believe).

There are many options if you want to make the car quicker. COBB AP is an ECU tune that is extremely easy to "install", giving you noticeable gains with stock components and increased ones with additional bolt ons. Another option is Juice Box, which also has many many reviews.

Post some pictures of your car and we can provide input for you. Welcome!
      07-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

And it's the M package not the M3 package. Initially in the US it was the sports package but then BMW found new ways to hustle up some cash, by making a few cosmetic mods and call it an M package. More Ms = more dollars.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
surfbum///E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
And it's the M package not the M3 package. Initially in the US it was the sports package but then BMW found new ways to hustle up some cash, by making a few cosmetic mods and call it an M package. More Ms = more dollars.
Delta ... Thanks for sure on the clarification I don't want to offend M owners haha. I've found that the car has a good deal of "extras" compared to some others. What is frustrating is the different emails I have sent to some shops to get some feelers for mods and NO RESPONSE. I do understand the over whelming amount of people who just suck them for info and no work done but I do need to try and get with someone who in knowledgable enough with these and see about what mods to do that are actually worth it and not going to destroy the car. Thank for the info
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
surfbum///E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
Post some pics. You have LCI, which is a life cycle refresh that happened starting with late 2009 models (I believe).

There are many options if you want to make the car quicker. COBB AP is an ECU tune that is extremely easy to "install", giving you noticeable gains with stock components and increased ones with additional bolt ons. Another option is Juice Box, which also has many many reviews.

Hey brotha thank you for the insight. I will post some pics shortly and hopefully they give a better feel for what I still have available to get done. I went to bimmerfest twice and saw waaaaaaaay to much and really didn't talk to anyone there whom owned or were a mechanic at a shop. A lot of people were just there look pretty with there car or had cars there and had no idea about engine or performance mod vs what looked better for headlights or trunks or hoods and sound. I have a LARGE history with cars but not BMW. From reading and hearing things it seems that it is infact a different animal. Not used to the mods that involve a plug and play set up or computer changing. Very savvy with it but just not familiar enough to know what I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

The starter mods would be a JB4 or Cobb tune and a charge pipe (ER is pretty good). You can build up from there.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
surfbum///E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
The starter mods would be a JB4 or Cobb tune and a charge pipe (ER is pretty good). You can build up from there.
very cool. Thank you again. By chance do you know of any solid trustworthy shops in MD ?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
sudo4re
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is DCT

You can install most of the mods yourself if you have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs.

The charge pipe is very easy to install and some form of ECU tune such as a Cobb AP or a JB4 should be the 1st few items on your shopping list. The Cobb is very easy to install/uninstall. The JB4 is a little more involve and required you to open up your ECU compartment and swap a few wiring harnesses around but it's not as complicated as it sounds. You can add a front mount intercooler and catless down pipes later down the road and a custom tune from one of the vendors here on the board to get the most out of your car.

I can help you with the installs and some basic coding if you are local to SoMD (Waldorf area). I've had some bad experiences with the local shops (sloppy work, not putting parts back on the car, missing nuts and bolts etc.. ) so now I prefer to work on my own car just so I have the peace of mind.
      07-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
surfbum///E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudo4re View Post
You can install most of the mods yourself if you have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs.

The charge pipe is very easy to install and some form of ECU tune such as a Cobb AP or a JB4 should be the 1st few items on your shopping list. The Cobb is very easy to install/uninstall. The JB4 is a little more involve and required you to open up your ECU compartment and swap a few wiring harnesses around but it's not as complicated as it sounds. You can add a front mount intercooler and catless down pipes later down the road and a custom tune from one of the vendors here on the board to get the most out of your car.

I can help you with the installs and some basic coding if you are local to SoMD (Waldorf area). I've had some bad experiences with the local shops (sloppy work, not putting parts back on the car, missing nuts and bolts etc.. ) so now I prefer to work on my own car just so I have the peace of mind.

Sudo. Major appreciation offering to lend a hand. Beginning to love this tight knit bimmer community more and more haha. This all sounds like a fun few days too look forward to installing these mods. I'm going to start out with that list of suggested installs next week and post some before and afters. I may take you up on your offer but I do know where you are coming from with the lack of care and attention from some mechanics. It's human error when it comes down to it. When it's your own car and you're mechanically inclined you should be doing it yourself ten times out of ten. Thank you again for the help and for extending help installing.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #10
surfbum///E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post

here are some pics i took yesterday
Attached Images

Appreciate 0