E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What's with the coming soon cars on the BMW AUC website?

10-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

What's with the coming soon cars on the BMW AUC website?

They stay on the site for weeks or months and you call the dealership the car has either:

- been sold
- is awaiting preparation
- has a deposit on it
- otherwise not available and they know not why

Really frustrating. Made enquiries on two different cars. One dealership said they don't know when the car will be arriving or if it would ever arrive and the other said that it was in the process of obtaining it.

It's like some kind of dick tease!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

One dealership got back to me. The car has only just been taken in part exchange. So the sales guy was explaining to me that it was put up as 'coming soon'. The car has not has not even been prepped yet. It is a 125d and pretty loaded. They were kind enough to send me the photos and it looks very good even though it has not been prepped. When I called they informed ,e that they were not even sure that it would be coming in as the owner was thinking of buying it outright.

#excitement
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

Some times when they go to prep they require to much work to be AUC standard and are sold on to other traders.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1eash View Post
Some times when they go to prep they require to much work to be AUC standard and are sold on to other traders.
Even BMW dealers don't prepare their cars to the supposed AUC conditions.

I've seen it on numerous occasions on my car hunt. Even when caught red handed, they still won't spend the money on a car to meet AUC standards.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 11:08 PM   #5
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr
Quote:
Originally Posted by un1eash View Post
Even BMW dealers don't prepare their cars to the supposed AUC conditions.

I've seen it on numerous occasions on my car hunt. Even when caught red handed, they still won't spend the money on a car to meet AUC standards.
That's right. When I brought my e92 it was in a week later for a new heater evaporator as aluminium oxide flakes were coming out of the air vents and a week after that the rear main seal was replaced as it had been leaking. They chose to focus on how they do not check things such as the rms and my argument was that if you let it sit surely you'd notice the drips on the floor. As for the air vents no idea how they missed that!

Last edited by Soul_Glo; 10-19-2015 at 06:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 06:07 AM   #6
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
That's right. When I brought my e92 it was in a week later for a new head evaporator as aluminium oxide flakes were coming out of the air vents and a week after that the rear main seal was replaced as it had been leaking. They chose to focus on how they do not check things such as the rms and my argument was that if you let it sit surely you'd notice the drips on the floor. As for the air vents no idea how they missed that!
AUC in my view means that they may do a few SMART repairs to the bodywork to make it look prettier. Nothing mechanically as they wait for the new owner to flag it up and then BMW pay for it under warranty.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #7
un1eash
Captain
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwynMike View Post
AUC in my view means that they may do a few SMART repairs to the bodywork to make it look prettier. Nothing mechanically as they wait for the new owner to flag it up and then BMW pay for it under warranty.

Mike
Most definitely, my E92 had new brake discs and pads all round, they sprayed the front end to remove some stone chips and did quite a bad wheel refurb (I planned to get these done in ferric anyway).
It went back 2 weeks later for a leaking headlight washer jet and new clutch/flywheel. I also complained about a bad battery but despite 3 visits to 2 dealers they wouldn't replace it and just kept charging it up, in the end I replaced this myself.
This work along with timing chains was claimed for under the AUC warranty.
Appreciate 0