E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need some help - Windshield Wipers and Passenger Restraint Malfunction

10-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
noah.s
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Need some help - Windshield Wipers and Passenger Restraint Malfunction

Hey guys, I recently bought a fully loaded 2006 330i. My main issues right now are the windshield wipers and a passenger restraint system malfunction. I've looked around for solutions and they haven't worked.

Windshield Wipers (i have the auto rain sensing function):
  • Wipers don't park correctly, randomly stop
  • Windshield sprayer/clean function doesn't do anything, i pill towards me and nothing happens
  • Pushing down on the stalk to do a single swipe (i think that's what it's supposed to do) doesn't do anything
  • Pushing up to turn washers on, washers move like 5 times and then stop randomly on the windshield (Can't stop them)
  • Auto function does the same as above, goes like 5 times then stops

It seems like they're going into a fail safe mode, after i use them and they stop, they won't do anything at all until restarting car. I've replaced the relay because that's what i found when i searched on the issues i'm having and it had no effect. I'm getting a code A6C9, i can't remember what the description of the code said but it was something about something blocking the wiper. I can check it again to get the description if it'll help.
I do have a cracked windshield, about midway down horizontally across 90% of the windshield. I'm sure that affects the rain sensor but i don't know if it would mess up the whole system.

Passenger Restraint System Malfunction -
I have the airbag light and seatbelt light on, iDrive shows passenger restraint system malfunction. I get the code 93BB with the description "Belt Contact Passenger". I had the recall performed for the seat occupancy mat sensor and it didn't fix the light and warnings. They noted this in the service report (check pictures). They also left this sensor looking thing (check pictures) on the seat when i got the car back, i have no idea what it is and googling doesn't help.

Pictures:
View post on imgur.com

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
noah.s
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

So I made some progress on the passenger restraint system malfunction. Seems to be the sensor in the buckle that determines its buckled. Going to try and clean the buckle and if that doesn't work then replace it.
Still stumped on the windshield wipers. The code description is 'frontwipers blocked'. The wiper stalk itself is fine, I tested all the functions in INPA.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

I'm guessing you either have something blocking the wipers (maybe in the linkage) or the wiper motor/linkage assembly is bad. The car probably looks for a high current draw from the motor to determine if there is something blocking the wipers.

As for the restraint system malfunction, we had that happen on a Honda. The sensor in the buckle went bad, and somehow the car knew it (I think the airbag light would come on every time you buckled the belt). The car uses the signal to determine if you are wearing your seat belt so it can adjust the airbag deployment pressure accordingly. If it knows the buckle sensor isn't working, it gives an airbag fault. Hondas have a lifetime seat belt warranty, so it was fixed at the dealer for free.

Clean the buckle, maybe take it apart and see what's going on, and replace if that doesn't work.
Appreciate 0