E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question on old p/n for fuel injector

11-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
dieselgg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 335i

Question on old p/n for fuel injector

Hi,

I had a couple of questions regarding the old p/n for the fuel injector (BMW# 13537585261),

1. Is it worth paying around $125 U.S. for the refurbished part? Are they reliable?

2. How is it that these injectors with an index value of 10 or less all have to be replaced in a particular bank? How does the vehicle know whether the injectors in the bank have all been replaced or not with either a refurbished part or the original part? .. I guess what I am asking is one injector has gone bad in a bank, what is stopping me from removing all 3 injectors, replacing the bad one and putting back the original two?

Regards,
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #2
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

Index 11 and later injectors aren't, according to BMW, compatible with index 10 and earlier injectors (different design and calibration). If your current injectors are index 10 or earlier, you either need to replace the bad one with another injector that is index 10 or earlier or you have to replace the entire bank of three with injectors that are index 11 or later. It's OK to have one bank of index 10 or earlier and another bank of index 11 or later -- you just can't mix them in a single bank. So your cheapest solution is to find a new index 10 or earlier injector and just swap out the bad one. I actually have a new index 9 injector for sale in the classified section for cheaper than the refurbished one you found. My price includes a decoupling element, extra seal, and free shipping within the US. Although I wasn't really interested in shipping internationally, PM me if you want to try and work something out.
      11-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
dieselgg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 335i

The last time I got an engine misfire it was two winters ago and it was on cylinder 4. And it happened twice over span of two weeks during that winter. Just a few days after I got my car walnut blasted, and replace oil pan gasket, I got a misfire on cylinders 2 and 4. So I will wait until the next engine misfire and decide from there what to do next.

Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0