E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 320d 2006 problems.

11-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
Solman07
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

BMW 320d 2006 problems.

Hey guys, new here, owned my BMW for about 4 weeks now. Ive been doing a training course recently thats had me leaving the car for up to 5 days at a time. Now I've done this twice already and its been fine however the last time i encountered some problems.

I got back on the friday, got into the car. Tried to start it, and it just turned over, didnt fire up. Got a battery booster pack and being the novice BMW driver I am, didnt know about the jump points in the bonnet, so i attempted to jump it straight from the battery. No joy.

Got some friends down who proceeded to help me push start it to no avail. We then got another battery jumper thing and used the engine connectors this time. Alas, still not working. All the time I'm getting random faults coming up on the dash like DTC and one that looks like the car is being jacked up and another that looks like the cruise control one.

RAC comes on sunday. Battery flat as a pancake. Central locking doesnt even work. RAC man does all his stuff and this is his eventual report.

"none start, cranks wont fire. member has bump started and jump started previousley. no comms with racscan. checked fuses and eng man relay operation. all ok, disconnect battery for 10 mins and recharge - still same - poss ecu fault - needs further inv at garage. tow to members garage."

So, now the car is in the garage, first day. He calls me and tells me hes basically done everything the RAC has done and that he's calling an autoelectrician out to look at it. Still waiting to hear back on this.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

These cars are noted battery hogs.

These cars are noted battery hogs.
Lots of threads here about cars that are not driven enough or
left to sit having similar problems . Aggravated
by the IBS system . If the battery has a shorted cell
it won't let the car start. Did you try a new battery ,average
lifetime on a battery is 6 years and you need to use
a battery tender if you leave the car sit.
We only get the 335d here in the US. (until the F series)

Last edited by ctuna; 11-05-2015 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0