E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Voluntary termination of PCP and the BCA

11-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Voluntary termination of PCP and the BCA

Not related to BMW. We'd like to get rid of our Suzuki Swift Sport. We are more than half way through the agreement so that checks out. The car itself is pristine bar one minor scrape on the o/s/r bumper. Suzuki finance have quoted a VT figure of 215. They have said that we need to take the car to British Car Auctions - nearest branch. After that I am very confused... Has anyone been through such a process? From reading around BCA carry out a condition report and you may be billed for something not considered reasonable wear and tear. The car is a 2012 model so my concern is a 5 cm long scrape that is les than 1 mm wide would be considered unreasonable. Then I have read threads that also state that when the car is auctioned and if they make a loss then you foot the outstanding amount or something along those lines.

There is some fantastic advice on the legal beagles forum on the VT process but I could not find anything further regarding the BCA process.

Any help or advice appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Not related to BMW. We'd like to get rid of our Suzuki Swift Sport. We are more than half way through the agreement so that checks out. The car itself is pristine bar one minor scrape on the o/s/r bumper. Suzuki finance have quoted a VT figure of 215. They have said that we need to take the car to British Car Auctions - nearest branch. After that I am very confused... Has anyone been through such a process? From reading around BCA carry out a condition report and you may be billed for something not considered reasonable wear and tear. The car is a 2012 model so my concern is a 5 cm long scrape that is les than 1 mm wide would be considered unreasonable. Then I have read threads that also state that when the car is auctioned and if they make a loss then you foot the outstanding amount or something along those lines.

There is some fantastic advice on the legal beagles forum on the VT process but I could not find anything further regarding the BCA process.

What does the scrape look like? Through the paintwork or a scuff?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

With a PCP, are you entitled to terminate halfway through the agreement?

I thought that you could terminate finance when you've paid 50% of the loan back?

Surely with a PCP with the balloon payment offset, you're going to be very far into the agreement to make 50% of the total amount payable?

With a PCP it can't come at year 2 of a 4 year PCP surely?

Reading other people's experiences of leases and PCPs, wear and tear can be quite strict. Marks that can't be polished out, or anything more than maybe one or two very minor door marks are chargeable.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post

What does the scrape look like? Through the paintwork or a scuff?
Through the paint.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #5
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr
With a PCP, are you entitled to terminate halfway through the agreement?

I thought that you could terminate finance when you've paid 50% of the loan back?

Surely with a PCP with the balloon payment offset, you're going to be very far into the agreement to make 50% of the total amount payable?

With a PCP it can't come at year 2 of a 4 year PCP surely?

Reading other people's experiences of leases and PCPs, wear and tear can be quite strict. Marks that can't be polished out, or anything more than maybe one or two very minor door marks are chargeable.
Yes not to confuse it is when you have made more than 50% and I referred to it as more than mid way through the term because of our PCP that is so.
That part is not the issue...
My concerns are the scrape and the BCA process...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 01:52 AM   #6
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

why not get it repaired?

One of the smart repair guys will probably fix it for ~£100.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #7
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn30d
why not get it repaired?

One of the smart repair guys will probably fix it for ~£100.
That's right. In my haste I have been a bit thick and missed a trick. I will get it repaired.
Appreciate 0