E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335i N54 remapping SCOTLAND stage 2

11-13-2015, 05:12 AM   #1
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Hartge

335i N54 remapping SCOTLAND stage 2

Scottish members

Can you point me in the direction of reputable tuners to have my 335i tuned to a stage 2. I have been researching a few places but I would rather trust on guys that have dealt with these 'tuners' first hand.

Prices and figures would be great too.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
Raymonndo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Not fancy a JB4?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 05:18 AM   #3
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

See I've read about these. They do sound appealing but still not sure on them as its more of a trick played on the ecu appose to a software upgrade so I'm led to believe. What's your experiences
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
Raymonndo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I've never been a fan, always had my cars remapped. From all the good reviews of the JB4 though, I tried it. Can't fault it tbh. It's so much more than just a "tuning box".
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymonndo View Post
I've never been a fan, always had my cars remapped. From all the good reviews of the JB4 though, I tried it. Can't fault it tbh. It's so much more than just a "tuning box".
I think I will hold out for reputable tuner. Does the jb4 take off the speed limiter and increase rev range do you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerE90 View Post
I think I will hold out for reputable tuner. Does the jb4 take off the speed limiter and increase rev range do you know.
It can remove limiter. There is no point increasing the rev limiter as power is already dropping quickly at 7krpm.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 07:36 AM   #7
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm guessing from what I've read is jb4 is majority in this forum. Would like to hear if there are any good tuners Scotland tho.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #8
russjonesr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

I'm sure Mob17 took his car to EcoTune..might be worth getting in touch with him?

Are you FBO?

Like Raymondo I run a JB4 with a MHD back end flash...but if you aren't panning on running meth I would take a look at just the MHD flash...very effective for the money.
Jb4 with Trebila BEF,vargas stage 2+ turbos, vrsf dp's, vrsf cp with tial bov, vrfs 7" fmic, EOS PI with BMS PI controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, bms meth kit, BMS DCI, miltek cat back, bms occ,3.5 tmap, ngk 5992 plugs, HSD coilovers, M3 rear subframe, diff, drive shafts , suspension and brakes.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #9
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russjonesr View Post
I'm sure Mob17 took his car to EcoTune..might be worth getting in touch with him?

Are you FBO?

Like Raymondo I run a JB4 with a MHD back end flash...but if you aren't panning on running meth I would take a look at just the MHD flash...very effective for the money.
Actually just got some good info from eco tune so going to go with them. Sorry what's FBO?

They claiming gains of around 370 bhp and extra 100nm that's with me having decat down pipes, K&N panel filter, Hartge quad exit back box.. Slip diff too !!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #10
russjonesr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

Full bolt on mate

Usually Dp's, charge pipe, intercooler, intakes

Not sure how inlets will be classified going forward.

I reckon you could get that power with a stage 2 mhd?
Jb4 with Trebila BEF,vargas stage 2+ turbos, vrsf dp's, vrsf cp with tial bov, vrfs 7" fmic, EOS PI with BMS PI controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, bms meth kit, BMS DCI, miltek cat back, bms occ,3.5 tmap, ngk 5992 plugs, HSD coilovers, M3 rear subframe, diff, drive shafts , suspension and brakes.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #11
Fez335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Blue E92 335i

Will be removing my jb4 soon if your interested
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #12
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

The JB4 is concept wise unbeatable but I've never been a fan of how it all couples together it looks very DIY with the pins wires etc and personally I just don't like this side of how it works, hence mines remapped.

The other option apart from the JB4 is the Cobb system, clinicily to my eyes anyway the executions more thorough company's like Litchfield use the system not only on BMW's but on Suburu's that they know very well so they have confidence in this set up. To me it looks a little more polished than the JB4, but the JB4 offers so much fir money wise so little you can't knock it.

Having driven a few equipped they drive well offer good power but drive a remapped car thing I've picked up on is the power delivery on the ones I've sampled is more linier, smoother and more progressive, but and here's the bit but re mapping an N54 isn't straightforward, it takes a long time to re map these via ODB far longer than say a 325d/330d or 330i plus you've got to be as I've seen careful re torque limits on the re map and the tricks in getting this right get it wrong on the map 2D5A torque limitation will pop up, especially if the cars an auto, you won't see an EML light but the csr will feel like it's holding back, JB4's and alike from whst I've seen don't seem t suffer this issue as quite rightly the maps offered have been anaylised over time to prevent this from happening but remapping one of these as I've discovered and seen can be a bit of an art to get all the eggs in the basket.

I've had several maps on mine perhaps the best executed was Simons map (E Maps) though not the most powerful one I've driven/owned it was the smoothest with no issues whatsoever, he knows the cars he's hit loads of followers never gets grief re the work he carries out plus he has a subside to working in Scotland, personally if you want a map and don't fancy like myself the JB4 he's well worth talking too and you won't regret it

Last edited by old grey steve; 11-13-2015 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #13
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez335i View Post
Will be removing my jb4 soon if your interested
Why you taken it off tho?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #14
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
The JB4 is concept wise unbeatable but I've never been a fan of how it all couples together it looks very DIY with the pins wires etc and personally I just don't like this side of how it works, hence mines remapped.

The other option apart from the JB4 is the Cobb system, clinics.ly to my eyes anyway the executions more thorough company's like Litchfield use the system not only on BMW's but on Suburu's that they know very well so they have confidence in this set up. To me it looks a little more polished than the JB4, but the JB4 offers so much fir money wise so little you can't knock it.

Having driven a few equipped they drive well offer good power but drive a remapped car thing I've picked up on is the power delivery on the ones I've sampled is more linier, smoother and more progressive, but and here's the bit but re mapping an N54 isn't straightforward, it takes a long time to re map these via ODB far longer than say a 325d/330d or 330i plus you've got to be as I've seen careful re torque limits on the re map and the tricks in getting this right get it wrong on the map 2D5A torque limitation will pop up, especially if the cars an auto, you won't see an EML light but the csr will feel like it's holding back, JB4's and alike from whst I've seen don't seem t suffer this issue as quite rightly the maps offered have been anaylised over time to prevent this from happening but remapping one of these as I've discovered and seen can be a bit of an art to get all the eggs in the basket.

I've had several maps on mine perhaps the best executed was Simons map (E Maps) though not the most powerful one I've driven/owned it was the smoothest with no issues whatsoever, he knows the cars he's hit loads of followers never gets grief re the work he carries out plus he has a subside to working in Scotland, personally if you want a map and don't fancy like myself the JB4 he's well worth talking too and you won't regret it
Thank you for taken time and given me your experiences. There is not much price difference in the map and jb4 after researching. Still swayed towards this ecotune at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #15
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Thank you for taken time and given me your experiences. There is not much price difference in the map and jb4 after researching. Still swayed towards this ecotune at the moment.
Stan's a very knowledgable person, spoke to him many a time back in my E46 330d days when he bought out the de cat pipe of the car (the first to my knowlwdge to openily bring one to market in the UK)and I was one of the first to have the pipe fitted after the first design had a couple of teething issue, but he does engineer a fine product and Mo for one who travelled all the way up to Glasgow will have good words to say as well
      11-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #16
tbenn1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 335d

Have you thought about a cobb?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #17
Fez335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Why you taken it off tho?
Currently not using the car much and when I do, im stuck in traffic
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #18
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Currently not using the car much and when I do, im stuck in traffic
What's your experience with it then, what kind of gains is there to be had, have you had it on the RR, are you running it with any other bolt ons, what price you looking for it? Thanks mate
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 04:20 AM   #19
Fez335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What's your experience with it then, what kind of gains is there to be had, have you had it on the RR, are you running it with any other bolt ons, what price you looking for it? Thanks mate
My car is completely stock.. Claimed gains on a stock care are about 60bhp at the wheels unless I'm mistaken, I never had it on the dyno... But it does completely transform the car! I was also sceptical about it, however seeing as most people on this forum use it, I have it a go and was pleasantly surprised

The one I have has the USB cable as well, £280 delivered..

Drop me a PM if your interested
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 04:51 AM   #20
walkerE90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My car is completely stock.. Claimed gains on a stock care are about 60bhp at the wheels unless I'm mistaken, I never had it on the dyno... But it does completely transform the car! I was also sceptical about it, however seeing as most people on this forum use it, I have it a go and was pleasantly surprised

The one I have has the USB cable as well, £280 delivered..

Drop me a PM if your interested

Ok bud I'm having decats installed Monday, let me ponder on it and if you can give me first refusal will let you know by next week. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #21
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
It's not so much about the extra peak horse power, but the gains throughout the rpm range.

With the JB4, 6th gear feels like it's around the same power as 4th is stock in a manual and 5th feels faster than 4th stock. 6th is definitely faster than 5th stock.

If we plug that into the ratios it starts to make sense...
4th is 1.19
5th is 1.00
6th is 0.87

4th/6th = 1.36
4th/5th = 1.19
5th/6th = 1.15

So you are definitely looking at at least 20% more power from around 2500 RPM onwards. I'd say on average its nearly 25% more, and at some points you have 30% more power. The JB4 is actually pretty brutal when it kicks in on MAP 5, you really do feel it as the boost builds, and that's without even having mods.

From 4000 RPM onwards is where it really shines though, and where you realise that your chassis is not configured for the extra grunt.

So given that you have 306hp stock, you will make 360/370 with a JB4, but kinda more importantly, you will make 306hp much earlier in the RPM range. With the JB4 i'd say you get to stock peak horsepower at around 4000 RPM as everything you feel after that is nothing like what stock delivers.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 05:22 AM   #22
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...3#post18909783

The JB4's for sale on here never last too long.

WM
Appreciate 0