E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Newbie with 325i auto

11-22-2015, 06:07 AM   #1
grimmer
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Newbie with 325i auto

Hi, new on here, from the Norfolk area, just purchased a 325i auto last week, i also own a e46 M3, loving the comfort of a e90 and the auto box,

Any issues with these engines?, i got a bit of a tick from the engine, which i presume is the lifters. Im going to perfrom the BMW procedure to see if it goes away, it does go away when warm.

Are these 335i alloys fitted to it?, its Monaco Blue, looks black in foto

Covered 88k with FSH

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #2
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Nice looking car mate !

Dont know that the wheels are specific to the 335 as i have saw them on all different models, However as they are 19" i would get them off the car give them a good clean up and check for cracks, the BMW 19s are known for this.

Being a 56 plate 325i it will have the n52 engine ( same as mine ), they seem to be pretty solid but a few common issues to look out for is oil leaks from Valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and valvetronic gasket these are the only thing that comes to mind but does seem very common on the n52 especially at that age and millage. I just had all the gaskets done on mine recently plus i had to replace the oil filler cap which was leaking also. Total price for all parts from BMW was £130 and my mechanic fitted them all for £100, to be honest i was going todo the job myself as the gaskets look pretty easy to replace but it was just the valve cover gasket that i thought was a bit out my depth.

Other than that you should be good, I just gave mine a full service oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs and new coolant. Im also planning to change the diff oil just need to pick up the oil but that also looks a very easy job.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
grimmer
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark e90 View Post
Nice looking car mate !

Dont know that the wheels are specific to the 335 as i have saw them on all different models, However as they are 19" i would get them off the car give them a good clean up and check for cracks, the BMW 19s are known for this.

Being a 56 plate 325i it will have the n52 engine ( same as mine ), they seem to be pretty solid but a few common issues to look out for is oil leaks from Valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and valvetronic gasket these are the only thing that comes to mind but does seem very common on the n52 especially at that age and millage. I just had all the gaskets done on mine recently plus i had to replace the oil filler cap which was leaking also. Total price for all parts from BMW was £130 and my mechanic fitted them all for £100, to be honest i was going todo the job myself as the gaskets look pretty easy to replace but it was just the valve cover gasket that i thought was a bit out my depth.

Other than that you should be good, I just gave mine a full service oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs and new coolant. Im also planning to change the diff oil just need to pick up the oil but that also looks a very easy job.
Cheers, i went for 325i as seems to be the most solid, compared to the time bomb 320d and 320i can have chain issues

I want to get the silver trim painted or wrapped around the windows
Appreciate 0