F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > High beam replacement bulb
Studio RSR

12-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

High beam replacement bulb

Does anyone know where i could get a replacement bulb for my high beams? I have a 4 series with the standard xenons
      12-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB F32 View Post
Does anyone know where i could get a replacement bulb for my high beams? I have a 4 series with the standard xenons
Standard xenons use only one bulb which is a D1S, if it's only high beam that isn't working then it'll be the shutter not moving in the lamp which will be a warranty repair. In fact, the bulbs are covered by warranty too thinking about it!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
The F3X is equipped with Bi-Xenon headlamps, therefore it shares the same bulb for Low and High Beam. I believe it uses the D1S bulb which you can grab from many HID vendors. Personally ordered my CBIs from powerbulbs due to exchange rates.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks a lot guys! For some reason, 1 out if every 3 or 4 times when i start the car, there is a message that pops up that says lighting system malfunction. After that message pops up, both the left and right headlights turn off and on again. Any idea what this could be?
      12-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #5
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys! For some reason, 1 out if every 3 or 4 times when i start the car, there is a message that pops up that says lighting system malfunction. After that message pops up, both the left and right headlights turn off and on again. Any idea what this could be?
Could be a very good reason to go to the dealer and have them check it out
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush
Quote:
Could be a very good reason to go to the dealer and have them check it out
I would do that, but I recently got into a fender bender which damaged the housing of the light, and i took it to a professional headlight repair place to have it fixed rather than replaced, and they did an excellent job but i think the warranty is probably voided, and they would be able to see that it was repaired. Since i have a warranty on the repair, i told them to take a look at it and see if it was the shutter, and the shop owner says he'll take a look at it and if it's unfixable, he's gonna see if he can get me a new headlight from one of his friends who's a BMW mechanic.