F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Umnitza led lights
GetBMWParts

04-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
SJA16
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Glacier silver 328i

Umnitza led lights

Right now they're priced at $1,699.99
Has anyone tried contacting them for a group buy?

https://www.umnitza.com/browse-by-ca...ngel-eyes.html
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
TrickyT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine White 328i xDrive

They did a group buy for the first 10 sold, but I asked them about doing another and they didn't sound interested. It also sounds like they are selling them as fast as they can get them from the manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #3
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

are they worth-buying? like quality and functionality wise... i am looking to buy a pair too.. mines a CIC NAV, is it still a plug and play??
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #4
TrickyT
Private
Rep

They say it is 100% plug and play with no coding. I haven't gotten mine yet. They are manufactured overseas (China?), and awaiting shipment from there.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #5
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post
They say it is 100% plug and play with no coding. I haven't gotten mine yet. They are manufactured overseas (China?), and awaiting shipment from there.
after looking up the lights on alibaba, I am convinced that all those F30 LED retrofit with DTM Angel eyes from different vendors (umnitza, oneighty, alibaba) are the same and it's manufactured in China by the same company lol. I am actually from China and I can get it from there directly but somehow the price is even higher when I connected to them directly lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinandwhat View Post
after looking up the lights on alibaba, I am convinced that all those F30 LED retrofit with DTM Angel eyes from different vendors (umnitza, oneighty, alibaba) are the same and it's manufactured in China by the same company lol. I am actually from China and I can get it from there directly but somehow the price is even higher when I connected to them directly lol
Justin,
I'm in Indy as well, if you end up getting these I would love to take a look at them and see what you think once you get them installed
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #7
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasley View Post
Justin,
I'm in Indy as well, if you end up getting these I would love to take a look at them and see what you think once you get them installed
Alright man. Think I'm going to get them soon. However it takes like 6 weeks from them to get it from the manufacture so I will let you know once I get it
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #8
TrickyT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Probably because you don't buy 20 of them at a time and get a wholesale discount.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyT View Post
Probably because you don't buy 20 of them at a time and get a wholesale discount.
True... Just concerned for quality
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #10
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 e92 ZCP

Garage List
I just realized I never posted pics of mine installed... here are what they look like on my alpine white f30.

04-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #11
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level3 View Post
I just realized I never posted pics of mine installed... here are what they look like on my alpine white f30.
Those look great on your car! They do look cooler than the bixenon oem hids. How is the output and light usability?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #12
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
Those look great on your car! They do look cooler than the bixenon oem hids. How is the output and light usability?
The light output is so much better than my halogens. Those halogens were sometimes scary driving at night. The light output was borderline dangerously low on those lights. The lows are very good in my opinion. The brights are like a spotlight. lol One other interesting thing about these lights that I didn't realize they did is when you are making a turn over about 30 degrees a side light illuminates out to the front corner of the turn. It's not super bright but it's there. I took a little vid to try to show the light output in driving situations. When I turn left you can see the side lights kick in and out. They also flicker a time or two on the left hand curve. Oh yeah... the eyebrows light up when the headlights are on as well.

04-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #13
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
The light output is so much better than my halogens. Those halogens were sometimes scary driving at night. The light output was borderline dangerously low on those lights. The lows are very good in my opinion. The brights are like a spotlight. lol One other interesting thing about these lights that I didn't realize they did is when you are making a turn over about 30 degrees a side light illuminates out to the front corner of the turn. It's not super bright but it's there. I took a little vid to try to show the light output in driving situations. When I turn left you can see the side lights kick in and out. They also flicker a time or two on the left hand curve. Oh yeah... the eyebrows light up when the headlights are on as well.

Thanks for the video.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #14
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

By flicker, did you mean the light that goes on when you turn or the low beams? And did you flip the high beam for a second or it flicker lol
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #15
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
By flicker, did you mean the light that goes on when you turn or the low beams? And did you flip the high beam for a second or it flicker lol
nah, I blipped the high beam on the bridge but only left it on a couple seconds cuz car was coming. These lights will blind. lol The flicker on the left hand curve is the side lights flickering on and off because I was turning at a high enough degree to activate the side view lights. I don't get any of the normal LED flicker with these lights. They operate normally.
      04-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #16
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
nah, I blipped the high beam on the bridge but only left it on a couple seconds cuz car was coming. These lights will blind. lol The flicker on the left hand curve is the side lights flickering on and off because I was turning at a high enough degree to activate the side view lights. I don't get any of the normal LED flicker with these lights. They operate normally.
How long have you been with them on? It's like working well right? Because the manufrsture offers 2 type. Ones super cheap and the others like 2500 and supposed to be "OEM" I just don't know if umnitza got the cheap one or the good one haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Everything seems to be working well and I'm pleased with the lights. It took me a while to get them because of problems with Chinese import. (long story) After receiving them though and getting them installed I've been really happy with them.

Are these the expensive ones or the cheap ones? I don't know man. When I bought these they were $1500 a set. They're the same ones I tried to get from Alibaba but those guys wanted like $1700-2000 a set at the time I was shopping. I can say though, as far as fit and finish, the lights look superb and are well put together. They put out good, clean, clear light and I can see much better with them. Plus they look awesome. heh
      04-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #18
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Everything seems to be working well and I'm pleased with the lights. It took me a while to get them because of problems with Chinese import. (long story) After receiving them though and getting them installed I've been really happy with them.

Are these the expensive ones or the cheap ones? I don't know man. When I bought these they were $1500 a set. They're the same ones I tried to get from Alibaba but those guys wanted like $1700-2000 a set at the time I was shopping. I can say though, as far as fit and finish, the lights look superb and are well put together. They put out good, clean, clear light and I can see much better with them. Plus they look awesome. heh

Thanks man. Also, last question, plug and play? Haha
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #19
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks man. Also, last question, plug and play? Haha
Oh yeah... installer said they fit like a glove and no modification was necessary to install them. I assume all he had to do was hook them up and that was it. I didn't even have to code them for flicker.

Here is what they looked like in my backseat. heh

04-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #20
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

can i trouble you to take some video from outside as well?
like turning the lights on and off

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #21
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
can i trouble you to take some video from outside as well?
like turning the lights on and off
My F30 is in the garage and my 135i is blocking it in. Too lazy to go move it. lol I might try it in the garage but not much space in front of the car in there. If not enough distance. I'll do it tomorrow.
      04-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #22
neckthrough
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i, 350z

Would really appreciate it if you could post some pictures of the front hood line. Every single install of Chinese LEDs I've seen so far has resulted in a slightly messed up fitment with the hood line not aligning perfectly with the front bumper assembly.
Appreciate 0