E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Canadian Tracking

02-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
one3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Canadian Tracking

Since we don't have access to "Owner's Circle" tracking like they do in the US (lucky buggers!) I've been trying to track my car (ordered on Dec 31, 2005) using other methods.

I called the dealership about 2 weeks ago and they were able to tell me that: a) it was currently in production b) gave me my Production Number (7-digit number).

Today I called BMW Canada Customer Service (1-800-567-2691) and was able to find out my VIN# from them and the fact that my car was 'in transit', which according to them meant either on route to the ship yards in Germany, or already on the boat from Germany to Halifax.

I had seen in other forum threads that you could track orders once they were onboard a ship to Halifax using your VIN # at this URL: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do (select "auto cargo" on the right and insert full VIN# for tracking ID). I tried this and it did not show my car. This could be because of either the fact that the car is not on the ship yet, or that it's shipped via a different company.

Lastly, here is a live webcam of the port in Bremerhaven, Germany where apparently all orders to Halifax are loaded: http://www.blg.de/webcams/autocam-1_en.html

I'll keep checking the above URL, but if anyone else has any other info or experiences with Canadian orders they can add that would be great.

-----------------------
2006 BMW 325i
-----------------------

Last edited by one3; 02-10-2006 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
techMology
Canada
Rep
Drives: '06 325i ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by one3
Today I called BMW Canada Customer Service (1-800-567-2691) and was able to find out my VIN# from them and the fact that my car was 'in transit', which according to them meant either on route to the ship yards in Germany, or already on the boat from Germany to Halifax.
I just called them and got shot down. They told me "they don't have access to that system" and to call my sales manager as "they have the best system".

Hrmph. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
one3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Well that sucks! Sorry they were not more helpful to you. When I called the guy I talked to said he could see it 'in transit' and was really helpful. He said he ordered a 3-series himself and was probably going to be shipped around the same time as my car.

Just as an update, as of this morning my car shows up on the ship's cargo tracking website (see first post for URL)!!!!! And I guess their website is delayed in updating the info as it shows it was loaded on the ship Feb 9th - 4 days ago ... so it's already been at sea for that long!!
YEAH! It's scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Feb 21st.

Apparently the train ride from Halifax all the way to the west coast can take 2 weeks or more.

-----------------------
2006 BMW 325i
-----------------------

Last edited by one3; 02-13-2006 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0