F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2013 335xi Dinan stage 1 review
proTUNING Freaks

07-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Mallm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xdrive

2013 335xi Dinan stage 1 review

I've been a mechanic for 10 years, 5 of them at a BMW dealership (Dinan retailer) now I work on Tesla's.

I decided to go with Dinantronics stage 1 for boosting my N55 Automatic. During my time working as a tech at BMW, I found that JB and other tunes would more often than not cause issues. (Melted cats, rough running, plausibility faults ect). Dinan tunes would rarely have issues.

I never installed a Dinantronics on a F30 N55 in my time at BMW, but I did install on a few N20 and it was quite incredible. So I ordered a pre programmed Dinantronics directly from them. It was quite expensive with CAD exchange rate and custom/duty fees. $2900 CAD (including a slight discount).

So now I've had my Dinan for about a month. Right from the get go the engine ran silky smooth and the transmission shifted great. After about a 4-500KM adaptation period, I found the power to be very evident. The torque was really in your face especially at around 3000-3500 RPM. In sport or sport+ you'e always in boost and its pretty damn quick.

It was really damn expensive but I have zero regrets. My car is about to fall off of base warranty and I wont be extending it. I basically went for the expensive Dinan because I really didn't feel like having to deal with tune issues myself. Under warranty I'd just throw a JB4 on there, fly, and if something happens, pull it off and play stupid at the dealer.

The End.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
Fat Panda
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 435i xDrive M Sport

Thanks for the review!
2014 BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport "Elphie" | Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Interior | M Performance Package I | Premium Package | ConnectedDrive | bootmod3 OTS Stage 1 93 Octane Tune | M Performance Exhaust | M Performance Stainless Steel Pedal Covers | Dinan Performance Spring Set | Dinan Supplemental Ride Quality | Precision Raceworks N55 Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0