BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) About to take car on a European adventure

08-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
ScottishX1
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16 X1 F48 25D M-Sport Estoril

Garage List
About to take car on a European adventure

I'm about to embark on a 3,000 mile euro drive through UK, France, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany (For Autobahn) and Luxembourg. Hopefully the car will return some decent mpg (25D) and hoping it will be comfy enough as i have the M-Sport with the 19" wheels and EDC.

I will also be testing the wine carrying capacity too lol.

Hoping to get some good pics in the Pyrenees, Monaco and the Alps near Mont Blanc so will post those when i get back.

Now to find some hand car washes along the way and i'm set
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Have a great trip!! Have you got the latest (2016-2) maps loaded? I'm guessing that with LED lamps there isn't a requirement to carry a spare "bulb" is there?? Also, I did read that you're not supposed to use the Auto headlight switch setting abroad to avoid the extended beam pattern from dazzling other drivers when you're on the "wrong side" of the road...

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
ScottishX1
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16 X1 F48 25D M-Sport Estoril

Garage List
Thanks Clive, yeah i updated the nav last week, i have some spare bulbs for the indicators and brake lights but thats all i need. I will need to remember to switch off auto lights and change setting in idrive to KM. Also got my hi vis vest and useless alco breathlyser sticks packed too also got a bonnet mount for my gopro for driving the Le Mans 24 hr circuit and for round Monaco, great to control that from the idrive too, could be very handy.
Appreciate 0