BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) A wek has passed....

10-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #1
DonMirkone
Rep
Drives: F48 18sDrive, W204 redisign

A wek has passed....

....with my new xLine 18d, and I love it. Standard seats are very good for me, as I have been lucky to find my ideal driving position almost right away when I first entered the car, and lumbal support does it's job very well. Automatic gearbox is fantastic, much better than on my 2013. C-Class. LED lights are conversation starters with ppl around me when I am parked somewhere, they are that good. The car is quiet, providing really comfortable ride. Coming from previous X1, this new one is absolutely stunning. It grips almost the same, altough with a little bit more body roll in sharp corners, and I have to adapt on front wheel drive response when exiting those corners, but overall I can attack them with the same speed as in old one. Thing is, I don't have urge to do that. In old one, I in it's combo of rear wheel drive, manual gearbox and firm and sporty chasis, I simply had to overtake everyone in front of me and go into corners as fast as I possibly can, but in this one....nope, just relax and enjoy. I tried, and as I said, it can be done, it handles very well, but it doesn't make you wanna "beat" everyone on the road. And that is a very good thing. Interior lights are cool too, mine are set to classic as it suits better with other instrument lighting. I don't care much about MPG, but it seems good for that type of engine. Hidden storage in the trunk is a massive plus too, as is general spaceiousness (this is not a word, I know, bare with my Croatian English). All in all, being somewhat spoiled in last 7-8 years, driving only BMWs and Mercedes, I am blown away with everything in this car. Sad part is, my wife's vacation is over, and it is the car we bought for her, so she will drive it muuch more than I will, starting Monday. Which means I will spend huge part of today and tomorrow just driving it, with no particular goal other than having a great time!
Appreciate 5
simon.922.00
Bill_P94.50
ttimbo281.50
Vogit92.50
      10-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Good little review & I'm finding similar re the driving a week or 2 into ownership. Car is great on the 30 mile run to work & lighting inside & out is very impressive.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
DonMirkone
Rep
Drives: F48 18sDrive, W204 redisign

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
Good little review & I'm finding similar re the driving a week or 2 into ownership. Car is great on the 30 mile run to work & lighting inside & out is very impressive.
Should go on around 1000km trip to Germany soon, and will get back with impressions after I return, that should be around 2500km alltogether.
Appreciate 0