BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Disgusting treatment

11-23-2016, 02:09 AM   #1
DonMirkone
Rep
Drives: F48 18sDrive, W204 redisign

Disgusting treatment

Hello everybody. I wanna share my experience with buying F48 X1 i Croatia. Here, we have only one BMW dealership, http://www.tomic.hr/hr/en/index.html.
They have BMW stores in 3 or 4 citys in our country, so no competition whatsoever. I decided to buy my new car in our capital city, Zagreb, because it is their biggest store here. After talking to sales person on the phone, we agreed on to when should I come there to make a deal, and to have a test drive. First, he was not able to give me attention for 5 minutes without being interrupted by something. Then, he gave me the keys of X1 M model for a test drive, even that car is huge gifference compared to the car I was buying, X1 xLine. Then, when I turned the car on, trip computer said it has fuel for 12 km! He simply sad to me that their guy who is in charge of washing and fueling cars is sick, and asked me to top up some fuel on my test drive.... I was exiting the car, swearing and whatnot, but he appologized few times, and I said to myself "ok, maybe he really is not guilty for this" and I took off on a test drive. When my car arrived, maybe 4 weeks after that, I ordered new set of wheels for winter tires from their dealership in another city, which is closer to me than Zagreb. In an email, they asked me if I wanna wheels only or winter tires too, but they had only Bridgestone, and I wanted Continentals, so I said wheels only. After I made a payment, they said wheels will arrive in few days, and indeed they did. I took them to my tire guy, who already had my tires at his place and he said I should come back when his work is done. When I came there, he said no tire pressure monitoring valves arrived with the wheels. I called my dealership and they said they don't ship them with wheels, only if I buy tires too, then they put those valves on the wheels! I said those valves are part of wheels, not tires, and I should get them, to which they replied "ok, that will cost you 270 euros for the set of all 4"....When I asked why no one told me before that I must buy tires too to get what essentially belongs to my car, they said I did not asked, so they did not told! That happened last friday, I am still calling them every day asking them to send me those RDCi modules, but they refuse and keep telling me they simply don't put them if you order wheels only without tires. In the meantime, my 42k euros car keeps blinking about not being able to measure tire pressure and I am very pissed. Is that the case everywhere? Should I try and contact BMW in Germany directly?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 05:33 AM   #2
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Shouldn't be a question. Contact BMW directly and complain. Other than the RDC sensors, nothing that they've done is technically illegal. They were just being arseholes and I'm sure BMW would like to know about these things.

As for the sensors and the extra €270, check with another dealer without mentioning your experience. Just call and ask for a quote. Tell them you have your own tyres and need a new set of wheels. This way, you can be sure if your original dealer is lying or not. If they are, make sure BMW hears about it also.

Last edited by KPD; 11-23-2016 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 05:43 AM   #3
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wheels, pressure sensors and tires are sold separately.
Sometimes you get a deal that includes all 3, but you never get pressure sensors free by just buying wheels.
      11-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
DonMirkone
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Wheels, pressure sensors and tires are sold separately.
Sometimes you get a deal that includes all 3, but you never get pressure sensors free by just buying wheels.
If that is indeed true, still someone should say so. Someone should come up and say that 1 important function of my car will not work if don't buy tires at their place, or if I don't buy sensors. But, now when no one did that, at least they could appologize. Instead, they told to me "You did not ask, and we did not told, so no one is guilty". That is bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
DonMirkone
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Shouldn't be a question. Contact BMW directly and complain. Other than the RDC sensors, nothing that they've done is technically illegal. They were just being arseholes and I'm sure BMW would like to know about these things.

As for the sensors and the extra €270, check with another dealer without mentioning your experience. Just call and ask for a quote. Tell them you have your own tyres and need a new set of wheels. This way, you can be sure if your original dealer is lying or not. If they are, make sure BMW hears about it also.
I don't have that option, cause only one dealer is present in my country. I sent an email at customer support in Germany, and they replied that they will forward it to customer support in Croatia, but I think our customer support is within that very same dealer company, so I don't think anything will be solved in proper way.
Appreciate 0