BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Post Pictures of your F48 accesories

12-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Post Pictures of your F48 accesories

I have been looking at many of the threads to find information on accessories and parts and the owners thoughts on them.
I thought it would be good to have photos and info on OEM or Aftermarket accessories or parts that we have fitted to our X1 to make your individual machine all on the one thread rather that having to scroll though many
I know that some aftermarket products can be crap quality, however if it is good we should all know about it.

I hope that this Thread will help those wanting to see what the accessory looks like when fitted, information from the owner on where it was sourced from, and what their opinion of it was.
I am posting pics of some of my accessories purchased after I bought my X1
Items like the puddle lights were factory fitted
I am considering getting some other accessories like the HK door speakers.
(info curtesy of other threads)

My Add Ons are (thus far)

Mud flaps - fitted mid 2016
These were OEM item soured from BMW Westside at Darra in Brisbane. (approx. $100.00 a pair)
Fitting was fairly straight forward (followed the instructions enclosed).
It took about 10 mins per flap to install, once I was set with the necessary tools etc (battery drill and some hand tools)
I see that there are now (AM) 'AfterMarket' versions popping up on AliExpress and EBay now.
Metal surround frame for the overhead makes it look more in keeping with the other dash controls now. Cost $12.95 on AliExpress
Back bumper protector
It works very well and looks OK (would have preferred no logo). Being stainless steel it was selected for practical reasons.
It was $29.95 plus postage on AliExpress.
Kapture Traffic cam Bought at JB Hifi Brisbane for $149.00 fitted.
This is a great little cam. Easy to use, automatic settings and compact. It uses a micro SD card so you can store all your road trips and download or delete as desired. Videos are very good quality.
Attached Images

Last edited by AusF20/F48; 12-21-2016 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

That's been done already here buddy

http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1296644
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_rx7 View Post
That's been done already here buddy

http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1296644

Thanks, BUDDY
Yes, I was aware of the thread you referred to.
Unfortunately, only a few pictures have been posted on it.
As good as that visually is, it is frustrating to trawl through many of the threads relating to accessories after each item is also on different threads.

I was hoping that by starting this thread, it could become the platform to achieve not only a picture was posted of the accessory/part, but the information pertaining to how to get it, the product's use and installation advice and its quality was also posted within the one thread. (I think many others may also be interested in that).

My mud flaps were BMW OEM product, complete with instructions (fairly straight forward to install) that I bought from my dealer after finding out about them on the forum. I put these up as an example of an item that was not factory fitted or available when I bought my X1 and was difficult to find info on at the time.
The intension was not to offend those have posted threads.

I am interested to see what is being bought and fitted to the F48, but more importantly, having the information pertaining to how to get it (ebay, Dealer, Alibaba, etc), the product's quality and how difficult it was to install it and the review, also included in the post.

I invite those who have gone to a lot of trouble to source accessories (some already posted within threads) to share them in one place by adding to this thread so that other F48 owners like myself can view the item, read reviews and find these items more easily.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=AusF20/F48;20939655]Thanks, BUDDY
Yes, I was aware of the thread you referred to.
Unfortunately, only a few pictures have been posted on it.
As good as that visually is, it is frustrating to trawl through many of the threads relating to accessories after each item is also on different threads.

I have added a few new items to my X1. I have added the pics to my original post.
Appreciate 0