BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Do European Delivery M2's come out of dealers allocation?

12-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #1
matto6
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

Do European Delivery M2's come out of dealers allocation?

I assume yes, otherwise everyone would be doing ED.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #2
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto6 View Post
I assume yes, otherwise everyone would be doing ED.
That's what my dealer told me. There are people on here that have done it with the M2 though.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
D'Alex
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Doesn't prevent you from doing ED. Just means you'll have a harder time finding a dealer that will let you do ED and an even harder time finding one to give you the 5% ED discount. Some dealers out there will do it though.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Alex View Post
Doesn't prevent you from doing ED. Just means you'll have a harder time finding a dealer that will let you do ED and an even harder time finding one to give you the 5% ED discount. Some dealers out there will do it though.

@matt06

The words " out of dealer allocation " are a misnomer here and really has nothing to do with anything. The only thing that is needed is for the dealer to allow you to purchase the car via Euro delivery , and many dealers will not allow this because they want to add more markup to their sale. That's the only reason they are trying to dazzle you with phrases like " it has to come out of dealer allocation and so we can't discount it "

Therefore ... without playing dealer games ...

Your question to each dealer should be -

1 - do you have an available allocation ?
2- will you do euro delivery ?
3- will you do euro delivery MSRP? (feel free to attempt to negotiate however low you think can at this point - some badasses around here like to think they can get 2K under ED pricing )

If the answer to any of the three questions is NO - hang up and call the next dealer.

I called over 200 dealers and ended up with two euro delivery allocations for the 1M. I wanted euro delivery Msrp and I got it.

According to many , the M2 is a "Regular production vehicle " so you should be able to find one really easy

Obviously that's not the case.. the question is .
How bad do you want it !?!
Appreciate 0