E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 M3 (Versions) Help Please.

02-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

E92 M3 (Versions) Help Please.

Hi all,

In my small quest in researching for a potential E92 M3, I would like to gain a little more clarity on the following:

1: Competition Pack
2: Limited Edition (1 or 500)
3: Frozen Sliver Edition ( Which looks white in the ad's I have seen)

Questions:

1: What are the main differences between the two itterations?

2: Which is the more desirable choice?

3: Is there any performance benefits in comparison to your regular M3 DCT?

4: Which would hold future value?

I have seen a few with Fox Red interior but more with the Black leather interior. My question about the interior is which would hold future value or is this just pure personal preference.

I am in the market for a 2013 white m3 but can't seem to decide over the red or black interior as I think they both look so damm good.

As always all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
J

Last edited by no1_jazz; 02-02-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Probably best off asking in the M3 specific forum, this is the one for the cooking models.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

Mods may delete this post from here as I have reposted in the following section:

M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums UK

thanks

Last edited by no1_jazz; 02-02-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 02:11 AM   #4
Wobble
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E91 Bluewater 325d m sport

Hi buddy I had a 61 plate m3 with comp package,was unbelievable,also mine was white with the black interior. Make sure you purchase one with fbmwsh,and with paddles and dct.As interior goes I always think that selling with black interior will be easier and when I bought mine the red interior was a free upgrade,it didn't feel as good or look as good as the black. The comp package has a wider track,is lower straight from the factory,which is good as there mods that most owners do which increases your insurance,but as there done at the factory it's not classed as a mod. Mine also came straight from the factory with an eisenmann exhaust which sounded awesome
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1_jazz View Post
Hi all,

In my small quest in researching for a potential E92 M3, I would like to gain a little more clarity on the following:

1: Competition Pack
2: Limited Edition (1 or 500)
3: Frozen Sliver Edition ( Which looks white in the ad's I have seen)

Questions:

1: What are the main differences between the two itterations?

2: Which is the more desirable choice?

3: Is there any performance benefits in comparison to your regular M3 DCT?

4: Which would hold future value?

I have seen a few with Fox Red interior but more with the Black leather interior. My question about the interior is which would hold future value or is this just pure personal preference.

I am in the market for a 2013 white m3 but can't seem to decide over the red or black interior as I think they both look so damm good.

As always all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
J
There are more M3 versions than you could shake a stick at. I did a thread on it over on M3 Cutters

Some would argue that other options you may not get in a comp pack car are more important than having the comp pack. It depends what options are important to you.

A comp pack with lots of options will hold it's price well, but mileage on any version is a key factor. Avg mileage for an M3 is 7k miles per year, not 12K for a "normal" car.

A Limited Edition is just an M3 with lots of options and contrasting leather stitching. It came out when the M4 was on the horizon to make it more attractive.

Subjective but more people seem to like black over fox red.

The only M3 version with more power is the M3 GTS version.
Appreciate 0