F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Umnitza Halogen to LED - One year ownership review
Extreme Powerhouse

02-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
harman.guron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i F30

Umnitza Halogen to LED - One year ownership review

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekend. Apologies for not posting enough on the forum.. I wanted to let you guys know about my one year ownership review about the Umnitza lights

Original Thread - http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1222234

I drove approximately 15000 miles with the lights on due to my commute back home in dark. Please see below for the details:

PROS:
  1. Lights are awesome. I mean there is not even a comparison with halogen. When I compared with my friends pre lci led lights, there is literally no difference in looks or the output.
  2. No error code or any other issues in 1 year of ownership.
  3. Great value for money. I can say it was worth every dollar that I spent for these lights and had a great experience getting them installed from Umnitza

CONS:
  1. Lights looked too bright initially. We just had to adjust the beam and after that no high beam flashes from other driver for almost a year
  2. The lights flicker at the start. There are two solutions to it. One is to always start the car with lights at off position. The second is by coding. They only flicker for 2-3 seconds so its not a big idea

Other than that, I am very happy and satisfied with the product. The real reason that I wanted to write this thread was I was driving on CA-17 this week and due to fog and crazy rain, the visibility was almost 0. I don't think I would have survived without LEDs light.

I have seen some threads where some users didn't get what they expected and that's why I want to say that your mileage may vary and this is all from what I have experienced and I am not linked to Umnitza in any way.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Have a great day!
Appreciate 2
scostu1623.00
smallba73.00
      02-13-2017, 05:36 AM   #2
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

They look great, although coding only takes 10 seconds; even less with a pre-installed cheatsheet.

You should get that covered off to make them faultless
      02-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #3
BMWOSU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alphine White

I am surprised to hear that the coding would stop the flicker. I have done coding and my light (only driver side) flickers for about 5-10 seconds everytime. It also sometime flickers while I am drving. This is really crazy for a 1700$ product.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
TommyLights
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Man

Nice. I'm adding the Bavgruppe Vision system to mine and blacking them out.
Appreciate 0