E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Autotrader Experian "Vehicle Check" WTF !

03-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Autotrader Experian "Vehicle Check" WTF !

Been looking for a new daily, on PH, C&C, and Autotrader, so paid out for a Autotrader Experian "Vehicle Check" (HPI) subscription.

Having used up my allotted number, I then get an email from them saying.

"If you decided to buy a vehicle you checked, please take a moment to claim your free data guarantee. This protects you if there are specific inaccuracies in the data we provided about the vehicle."

So after you have paid out for a vehicle, based on the information they provided, they then want you to sign-up, to protect yourself from " inaccuracies in the data we provided". WTF !

Surely the whole reason for paying for a check, is so you have accurate information you can trust to make your decision, NOT possibly inaccurate information.

I feel they are taking the pee, or are they just covering their arses, or maybe I am just a grumpy old git.

Either way doesn't inspire confidence .
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 03:43 AM   #2
Rustymage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Data can be outdated and mistakes can happen. Besides it's a computer searching through databases and its only as good as the system that placed it there.

If they offer a the guarantee for free it's likely they've never had to pay out.

The guarantee as I see it says that if what they display is wrong they'll cover your arse.

No harm in that
Appreciate 0