E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My E90 335d Snagging Issues - From Body work to Alloys

04-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
tRiL
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport 2010

Post My E90 335d Snagging Issues - From Body work to Alloys

Hi!

I'm from the UK, and have now owned my 2010 E90 335d since September 2016. It has done 135,000 miles, 1 bmw lease owner from new. When it went back to BMW before being sold onto me from a dealer, it had receipts for a complete gearbox change out! BMW self bills came to over £5000
The car is generally in good condition, has a full BMW service history, just need to address a few things really.

IMAGE LINK TO HIGH RES (1)

IMAGE LINK TO HIGH RES (2)

What a brilliant car, especially when coming from a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi

This forum looks great, so diverse and the wisdom & knowledge throughout, just epic

Recently my Charge Air Line from the Intercooler to Inlet cracked off a bit from the inlet and kept popping off when I secured it back on. BMW quoted £285 roughly for the whole pipe down to the intercooler. Instead I purchased the top section of the pipe which fastens on, and managed to fit it perfectly fine. TOP SECTION OF CHARGE AIR LINE

Anyway, I wanted to make a thread in hope that if anyone can give any advice or point me in the right direction or give any help generally, it would be much appreciated. I will list my issues below and link relevant images that may help.

1. Front Splitter / Bumper / Undertray

Well, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't spot this before I purchased it. I will let the pictures do the talking.
My thoughts are simply to take to a body shop with the undertray once I find one, and get them to just bodge it back on as best they can?
Pictures
#Front Shot
#Undertray?
#Something Missing?
#Zip Ties??
#Random Holes???

2. Front Grill - Random Plastic

Not for the life of me can I figure out what this bit of plastic is?
There is no easy way of accessing it, any thoughts?
Pictures
#Grill Plastic
#Not On Other Side?

3. Under Bonnet Oil Clean

I think this is due to the boost pipe from intercooler coming off..
From peoples experiences, what is the best thing to use to clean this off?
Pictures
#Under Bonnet

4. Exhaust Pipe Cleaning

Again, similar to previous issue. Only want to clean the outside & rim obviously.
From peoples experiences, what is the best thing to use to clean this off?
Pictures
#Pipe 1
#Pipe 2

5. Possible oil leak?

I think again, this is due to my recent boost pipe pop off problem.
We found some oil leaking onto our drive only recently.
In the picture below, the top of the screen is the front bumper.
Pictures
#Possible Leak?

6. Reconditioning Alloys

They aren't really in that bad of a condition when you see them stood on the curb. However I am wondering if they have already been done? Can't tell from these pictures.
If anyone knows any one in the UK who does a very professional job at competitive prices, i'd appreciate it. Stratford-upon-Avon/Worcester/Leamington Spa/Birmingham area, (in desired order from first to last there).
Pictures
#Alloy 1
#Alloy 2
#Alloy 3
#Alloy 4

7. Dented Steering Wheel Badge

A bit concerning, maybe a fit of rage and smashing the wheel for the horn?
I just need to know if it is a simple & easy prise out and replace with new one?
If so where would people recommend I get one?
I think I may have to buy the whole air bag cover?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M-Spor...kAAOSwux5YQo~4
Does anyone know of any instructions how to replace this?
Pictures
#Badge

8. OEM Car Mats

Unfortunately I got sucked into buying some cheap 'UK car mats.co.uk' jobbys..
They just don't cut the mustard, can anyone suggest a good UK Supplier for these?
Pictures
#Car Mats

9. Window Tints

Unfortunately the previous owner got some cheap tints done I think.
It is on all the electric windows.
I also think he took the car on a beach, as it looks like grains of sand that got stuck in the windows and created these scratches.
Same as my alloys, If anyone knows any one in the UK who does a very professional job at competitive prices, i'd appreciate it. Stratford-upon-Avon/Worcester/Leamington Spa/Birmingham area, (in desired order from first to last there).
Pictures
#Tinting

10. Break Fluid

My break fluid service light has come on. I want to change other things, like cabin filter and air filter, but...
I am a complete rookie, I assume a garage will have to do this with pressures etc?

Thanks for taking you time for reading my thread, and I appreciate any advice & suggestions.

- tRiL

Last edited by tRiL; 04-22-2017 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Adding points
Appreciate 0