E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Brake Pads And Wear Sensor Reset

05-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Jimmypops
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325

Brake Pads And Wear Sensor Reset

Hi peeps, ive had my e92 since november with pretty much no problems and in the last 3 days ive had 3 different warnings pop up on the dash!

day1
no1- EML light came on and stalled the car at a roundabout. sticking vanos solenoid.. cleared it with diagnostic, has not come back.

day2
no2- ABS warning lights came on and would not go off!! car ran fine so after fearing the worst..(ABS MODULE £500+) The plug on the side of the module needed pushing back in and the push down clip needed pushing down fully which i dont think it was to start with and the fact my car was recently lowered and feels the bumps more worked the plug loose! FIXED.. ABS light hasnt returned.

day3
no3- red service light with car on ramp bings up when i start the car and turn it off! This panicked me until i googled it and turns out its the brake pads on the rear that are low!!

So my question is.. Yes my rear pads and wear sensor needs changing i understand that but the wear sensor reading on the dash says.. mls------ for the rears but also.. mls------ for the front pads but the fronts look nearly new with lots of life left in them. Why?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
I had a similar issue with brake pads lights on but the pads looked ok. Turns out it was the inside pad that worn down all the way to the sensor.

Not sure why the inner pad would wear down more than the outer, I was told its possibly because that is the side of the piston that pushes the pad so probably got pushed harder than the outer pad..
      05-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
Jimmypops
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325

my front pads look absolutely fine and no way they are low enough to trip the sensor due to wear but yet they are still showing mls------ i just wondered do both sensors trip at the same time even if one end isnt low?... maybe this is the case or has the PO reused an old sensor? Getting changed in a few days anyway... so i just hope that by resetting the new sensor on the back resets the front one on the good pads.
Appreciate 0