E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help ? Cd changer doesnt stop working after car is switched off

05-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
fishbone
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Angry Help ? Cd changer doesnt stop working after car is switched off

2 months ago, my battery started to die on me, and i got the steering lock failure issue which lead for the car getting stuck and not starting with a jump start, i had the battery replaced and reset the ELV counter.
Everything was fine for 3 days and suddenly the battery died again ( it was a brand new bosch battery )
Jump start and the car was fine for a week and suddenly it dies again .. and the issue is, it dies randomly.
So i tried to figure out what was wrong, the charge of the alternator was right, and everything seemed fine till one day i switched off the car and locked it , after 5 mins i remembered i left stuff in the trunk, went back to the car and opened the trunk and i heared the cd changer still running and it was SUPER hot. So i disconnected it to test if this will solve the issue or not.
The issue was solved but i lost all kind of sounds coming from my speakers, pdc nwarnings and all the warnings on the dash are silent and the radio is not making any sound, so i realized what i disconnected is related to this issue.
I left it the same way for the past 3 weeks till i find a solution because i honestly dont know how can i disconnect the cd changer without affecting the sound and i couldnt really bother, it was way better than getting in a dead car every few days.
Everything seemed fine till today, i tried to unlock the car and it didnt and the battery was dead again, jumped started it, it started fine and i drove it for 10 mins and came back to park it and i switched it off and stayed in the car to see what is going on, and then i realized that even the front head unit with 2 cds in it still working 10 mins after the car was switched off..
So now i disconnected the negative cable off the battery so it wouldnt die.
Now how can i get this fixed
Are there fuses i can disconnected to stop the cds and the cd changer from getting any electric current and get the sound back ? I am really tired of this happening every week or something
Appreciate 0