E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New e91 owner

05-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
jeantarrou
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91

New e91 owner

Hey guys and gals,

Just about to embark on my first BMW ownership experience, the little Toyota commuter just isn't cutting it anymore, and well, happy wife happy life right!!??

I'm really looking forward to getting the car, 2009 automatic AWD (I wanted the MT RWD, but see the opening sentence...) with just under 70,000 miles. I've spent a good amount of time on this forum reading up and getting answers to my pre-purchase questions through the search function. Now that I've actually bought the vehicle I'm looking forward to learning more!

I plan on doing all the service to the vehicle myself although I'm expecting a fair bit of a learning curve. For years I've done all the work on my motorcycles, from desmodromic valve adjustments to fork rebuilds to building my own maps/tunes with Dynojet's autotune module. Anyway, point being I love doing the work myself, I know how to turn a wrench, but I'll inevitably be calling on you all for some help once I start digging into stuff! And as someone who loves to tinker I'm looking forward to trying some coding myself, maybe a few performance mods, etc... Don't really expect to get into any sort of "builds", maybe just enhance what I'm anticipating will be an already well sorted package.

So, here I am
Appreciate 0