E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bluetooth issues (info transfer stuff)

05-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
yodaddyguido
Rep
Drives: 06 330i sport

Bluetooth issues (info transfer stuff)

Fairly new to this forum, did some searching, couldn't really find info that related to my problems specifically so eh, i'll post a new topic. I snagged an 06 330i a few months ago after being out of a bimmer for a couple years. Really missed my e46, but couldn't find one in decent shape in my area so ended up with this guy (jet black, 330i, sport package, with nav etc.). Love it more everyday. Aaaaaaaaaaanyways:

My sony xperia paired up perfect... no issues, phonebook and everything transferred over just fine. Recently had to retire the phone for a Kyocera DuraForce Pro and so began my troubles. It seems to pair, and auto connect just fine, but it cannot seem to access the phone's contacts. As soon as i move to any menus involving missed/dialed calls, recent, or a-z list, it shows "Please wait" and the little stop watch stares at me. When receiving a phone call, the actual number shows up, but no contact info. Is there a firmware update out there somewhere, or does BMW not support the Kyocera? I've made certain my phone is sharing contact info via bluetooth, so it doesn't appear to be on the phone end.

Appreciate any pointers in the right direction. This site has a great wealth of information on these cars that i've already put to great use since i picked the car up. Just couldn't seem to find any definitive answers that help me out on this topic yet.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
hondarayblue
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport

Have you removed your old phone from the Bluetooth devices list? I would completely start from scratch, as if this was the first phone you were connecting.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
yodaddyguido
Rep

yea, i wiped the whole list thinking it might be mismanaging that list somehow (though im pretty sure that's not even possible). i should probably give a dealer tech a shout. just thought someone might have had the same issue on this forum. guess not! :P
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
yodaddyguido
Rep

actually, upon further investigation, i just posted this in the wrong subforum Lol. i'll get this site down eventually, i'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #5
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

I have Oneplus One.
and since day 1 of owning a Oneplus One. I simply can not use the Bluetooth.
Every Outgoing and Incoming calls .....I get complaints.

so, ended up buying a HimBox HB01.
have never looked back......infact.....all my Music and pods and litterally everything is now on my phone only. see the viseo.

Appreciate 0