E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Does anyone know WU56 BCV or PE57 LYG (both 335d)?

08-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep
Drives: looking for a 335d

Does anyone know WU56 BCV or PE57 LYG (both 335d)?

I've seen this for sale and am interested but it has an unknown past. The timing chain was replaced at 70k after it had an engine rebuild due to a cam bearing failure. This is when the current owner bought it. It's a good spec, standard, on original turbos and DPF which apparantly is in good condition. The swirl flaps have been removed and there's only a partial service history so an extended warranty is out of the question.

It's on eBay just now and i'm tempted by it over a car that has a lesser spec but also lower milage and will be having the DPF removed via map this weekend as it's started having issues.

If anyone knows the car or could provide some advice i'd be grateful. I'm too far away to see it in person but will be video calling over the weekend before i decide whether to book a flight or not.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin_Mc; 08-24-2017 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
smuler
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Don't know car, but the below website was used in a discussion on pistonheads and provides some free info.
I found it accurate apart from one example on all my old cars

may help?
I don't think the car is missing MOT history, but lots of advisories on last MOT

https://cazana.com/uk/car/YL57DAU
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #3
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep

Thanks, that site is good - i didn't know anything about it.

I know about the advisories on the current MOT but didn't know anything about the previous ones or the failures. They are included in all the paperwork though.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #4
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep

I got a message from the seller saying the car is no longer for sale so the search continues. I may post up another reg to see if the car is know, i've checked it over on Carzana and have a question for the seller before i decide if it's of interest.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
smuler
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Mc View Post
I got a message from the seller saying the car is no longer for sale so the search continues. I may post up another reg to see if the car is know, i've checked it over on Carzana and have a question for the seller before i decide if it's of interest.
Yes, for for it. any intel is good intel in my book.
did I mention total car check, can get you some useful info at 1.99£ , they're budget check. intel from there saved me a fortune in wasted journeys
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #6
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep

Brilliant, i'll have a look.

Meant to phone the seller earlier but didn't get the chance - will do it tonight or tomorrow and see if he can help any before i decide to take it further
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #7
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep

updated to two cars that have caught my eye - does anyone know them or used to own them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-BMW-3...IAAOSwcB5ZJsdG

What puts me off this is that it's been for sale for a while and is a bit cheaper than others of similar mileage so something must be turning people away, it doesn't have any sort of warranty included in the price plus it's been remapped to 360bhp apparently so has it been driven hard?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-BMW-3...gAAOSwqBdZkZOT

This one seems fairly standard although the rear lights have been changed and it's had the exhaust silencers removed. It looks to have the carbon trim but i'm not sure if it's just vinyl or genuine M Performance stuff or somewhere in between. What puts me off is that in September 2012 it failed an MOT test due to a sharp edge caused by accident damage. So it's been repaired somewhere and i'd hate to travel down to see that the paint is mis-matched or orange peely or there's a ripple etc.

Also, can anyone tell if these have Dakota leather or not? I'm not sure what distinguishes it from normal trim.

Help me out!

Last edited by Kevin_Mc; 08-24-2017 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #8
smuler
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Mc View Post
updated to two cars that have caught my eye - does anyone know them or used to own them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-BMW-3...IAAOSwcB5ZJsdG

What puts me off this is that it's been for sale for a while and is a bit cheaper than others of similar mileage so something must be turning people away, it doesn't have any sort of warranty included in the price plus it's been remapped to 360bhp apparently so has it been driven hard?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-BMW-3...gAAOSwqBdZkZOT

This one seems fairly standard although the rear lights have been changed and it's had the exhaust silencers removed. It looks to have the carbon trim but i'm not sure if it's just vinyl or genuine M Performance stuff or somewhere in between. What puts me off is that in September 2012 it failed an MOT test due to a sharp edge caused by accident damage. So it's been repaired somewhere and i'd hate to travel down to see that the paint is mis-matched or orange peely or there's a ripple etc.

Also, can anyone tell if these have Dakota leather or not? I'm not sure what distinguishes it from normal trim.

Help me out!
The second one says full service history, yet when it's listed there's a ?? by mileage. I'd pay close attention to that, but don't think I'd go anywhere near one that was repaired after an accident to a standard that failed MOT.
Looks like different exhaust tail pipes altogether on this one.

Re: the fist, if I were to remap a car, it would be for more performance to drive harder and faster. So are the owner/s like me? I don't know.

You shouldn't travel (far) without all Qs than can be asked, answered inmho. Not sure if I said on this thread, but I did a video for buyers on my E46. Just an iPhone video, all appreciated and it's easily done. ask these sellers?

I believe all non M3 3 Series have Dakota leather. Both look like leather i.e. not cloth to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
Kevin_Mc
BMW Virgin
Scotland
Rep

again, thank you for the reply.

The 2nd one has now been sold and the first is missing a few things that are a must for me so the search continues
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
smuler
First Lieutenant
Rep

what's your must have spec?
Appreciate 0