E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Jerky Transmission / Shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear or downshift from 3rd to 2nd probl

11-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
StevenJohn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i, 2018 M550i

Jerky Transmission / Shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear or downshift from 3rd to 2nd probl

I have a long story about this problem. I have 2011 328i. A week ago, while heading to work. I realized that when I hit the gas, car was shuddering. I immediately took the car my mechanic. He said that ignition coils failure. We changed, second and third one. Now, the shuddering when I hit the gas is completely gone but I have a problem with shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, when I shift up between 1,500-3,000 rpm, it jerks. If I downshift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear the same thing happening as well. We reset the adaptation it didn't solve the problem. After this, transmission has been updated, but it still jerks when I change the gear between 2nd and 3rd gear.

Here is the another story, before changing ignition coils, tow company towed my car in the middle of the night. I'm assuming that they didn't lift up the whole car while they were towing the car, they just hooked from rear side of the car and pulled it like for ten miles on the highway.

Please help me out we couldn't find the problem.
Appreciate 0