F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > New Sportline Steering wheel retrofit?
GetBMWParts

11-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
BeFantastic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sportline 6MT

New Sportline Steering wheel retrofit?

I just got a loaner car today after taking my car in for service and I noticed the 2018 sportline steering wheel feels much different than previous sportline steering wheels. It's smoother, softer, and squishier than my 2014 sportline.

Does anybody know where I can purchase just the wheel portion to retrofit it to my car?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFantastic View Post
I just got a loaner car today after taking my car in for service and I noticed the 2018 sportline steering wheel feels much different than previous sportline steering wheels. It's smoother, softer, and squishier than my 2014 sportline.

Does anybody know where I can purchase just the wheel portion to retrofit it to my car?
What you're describing sounds like an M Sport wheel. Pics? If there's anything different then I would image you'd need the part number. If they're the same as the old ones, then you'll probably have to get one from a take off one from a used car or buy stock part.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
BeFantastic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sportline 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
What you're describing sounds like an M Sport wheel. Pics? If there's anything different then I would image you'd need the part number. If they're the same as the old ones, then you'll probably have to get one from a take off one from a used car or buy stock part.
I actually sent a message to getbmwparts and the part number they gave me is # 32309864176 for a heated sportline steering wheel. Unfortunately, the new part is so new there are none being sold, but the leather and cushioning is definitely different on the 2018 sportline models. It is just not quite as thick as an M sport wheel.

Maybe BMW didn't want everybody swapping over to M sport steering wheels?
Appreciate 0