E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E93 full-size spare wheel?

11-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
StuBeeDoo
Rep
Drives: 330d

E93 full-size spare wheel?

It's a mid-life crisis thing............

Wor Lass and I are planning some road trips next year (NC 500, through France & Switzerland to San Marino & Rome, and possibly Kiev - maybe one or two more as well). When WL had the original idea for the Italy trip, she said "What about doing it in a convertible?". Sounds good to me, an E93 325d seems be ideal, except for one thing..........

I'm really uncomfortable about being so far away from home without a full-size spare. I haven't got 'round to looking at any cars yet as the first trip is at least 6 months off. So, will a full-size spare fit in the boot with the roof down? Our luggage won't be a problem as it can go on the back seat, under the deflector.

TIA
      11-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBeeDoo View Post
It's a mid-life crisis thing............

Wor Lass and I are planning some road trips next year (NC 500, through France & Switzerland to San Marino & Rome, and possibly Kiev - maybe one or two more as well). When WL had the original idea for the Italy trip, she said "What about doing it in a convertible?". Sounds good to me, an E93 325d seems be ideal, except for one thing..........

I'm really uncomfortable about being so far away from home without a full-size spare. I haven't got 'round to looking at any cars yet as the first trip is at least 6 months off. So, will a full-size spare fit in the boot with the roof down? Our luggage won't be a problem as it can go on the back seat, under the deflector.

TIA
you still got the e46?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
StuBeeDoo
Rep
Drives: 330d

At the moment, yes. The mechanicals have got years left in them, the interior is reasonable for a 14y-o/160k mls car, but the rust is letting it down badly now.
      11-26-2017, 02:33 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBeeDoo View Post
At the moment, yes. The mechanicals have got years left in them, the interior is reasonable for a 14y-o/160k mls car, but the rust is letting it down badly now.
same here,ive just had waterpump/thermostat and all belts and coolant done on mine,it the erar arches that let it down,its on 148k miles but engine is still sweet as a nut
Appreciate 0