E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > MV3 alloys

01-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

MV3 alloys

When I bought my E91 it came with 'Team dynamics jade r' five spokes on it. The previous owner also threw in the original 'MV3'S ' as well. Now the plan was to refurb the MV3'S and put them back on as I wasn't too keen on the five spokes. However the five spokes have really grown on me and I think they suit the car.
So, I was thinking of getting the MV3'S refurbed and selling them on but don't really know what sort of money I could ask for them. I recently seen a set on ebay for £1200! Which I thought was a bit of a piss take.

So what do you guys recon a fully refurbished set of 18" staggered MV3's would be worth (without tyres)?
Also what would I be looking at cost wise for postage and what would be the best method for posting?
The wheels are in the boxes that the Team dynamics came in, so I could use them with the wheels wrapped in bubble wrap etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
When I bought my E91 it came with 'Team dynamics jade r' five spokes on it. The previous owner also threw in the original 'MV3'S ' as well. Now the plan was to refurb the MV3'S and put them back on as I wasn't too keen on the five spokes. However the five spokes have really grown on me and I think they suit the car.
So, I was thinking of getting the MV3'S refurbed and selling them on but don't really know what sort of money I could ask for them. I recently seen a set on ebay for £1200! Which I thought was a bit of a piss take.

So what do you guys recon a fully refurbished set of 18" staggered MV3's would be worth (without tyres)?
Also what would I be looking at cost wise for postage and what would be the best method for posting?
The wheels are in the boxes that the Team dynamics came in, so I could use them with the wheels wrapped in bubble wrap etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.

If I were you I would just sell them as they are, can't see it being cost effective to get them refurbed just to sell.

Let the buyer do it to their taste, thats what I would do in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
smellypoo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
If I were you I would just sell them as they are, can't see it being cost effective to get them refurbed just to sell.

Let the buyer do it to their taste, thats what I would do in that situation.
This.

You might spend good money on a quality refurb which, when you sell, you won't get back over the value of the unrefurbished wheels.

If I were buying, I would want to buy them as they are so I know what state they are in before a refurb. In fact I have a set that have a little kerbing and corrosion/flaky paint that I bought with the car, they'll get done soon. They'll go back on my car, so I'll have some confidence that they are in good shape.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 02:16 AM   #4
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

I sold my old set (pretty well curbed and needed refurb) with decent tyres for £400 (about a year ago)
      01-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Some interesting thoughts guys. I'm surprised that scabby wheels would be more desirable than nice shiny refurbished ones, but I do see where you're coming from.
If a scabby set only sell for £400 with tyres then I think I'll just keep hold of mine as mine don't have tyres and so would be worth even less. That way if I ever get bored of the five spokes I can get the MV3'S refurbed and use them myself.
Surprised they're not worth much as I think they're bloody nice wheels.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

I could have probably got more for mine but I hate MV3s and already had new wheels, so wanted rid of them as quickly as possible.
      01-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
hazkirby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I bought my MV3s, with tyres in "need of refurb" for £300. Wouldn't have paid any more for them.

They go on here in good nick for about £500-£600

They're not as desirable as you may think, especially as BBS lookalikes come in at the same price point and are new.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #8
BMW Steve
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 535D & e93 335i Highline

Sold mine for £450, they are not worth as much money as you think,,,,,
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

me likes the mv3 wheels,,couple of years ago i sold some mv2 wheels off my e46 which i refurbed my self for sale,,wasnt a total 100% good job but made them look decent enough,new centre caps and badges for a tenner and i sold them for £320 without tyres,also i had a crack welded just before i refurbed them..doubt ive of got £200 otherwise and harder to sell..paisley freight is around £30 for 4 wheels without tyres and £40 with tyres
Appreciate 0