E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 rear window not going up after using one-touch

02-22-2018, 01:13 AM   #1
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

E90 rear window not going up after using one-touch

I have a problem with my rear passenger side window not going up after using the one-touch function. It will goes all the way down and when I try to put it back up it won't. Same issue as this thread here

Quote:
I have a 06 330i and whenever I put either one of my rear windows all the way down, it will not go back up. I've found threads that say it's a regulator issue, but, if I turn the car off, wait about 5 seconds, turn the car On (i leave the fob in) the windows will go back up.

When I put them down and try to put them back up, they attempt (they go up maybe a couple mm), but immediately go back down. It's almost like a sensor is stopping it?

I can put the windows 99% down and have zero issues putting them back up. It's only if they go down 100%.
I've read it might have something to do with the anti-trap function. One thing to note is that I just recently in the last few months replaced this particular window's regulator. When it wouldn't come back up I thought the regulator had broken again, but upon opening it all up the regulator looks fine. I was able to get the window back up (similar to the guy in the other thread), but I want to know exactly what is causing this and how to fix it. In the meantime, I've relinquished the use of my rear windows for fear of getting them stuck again

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW X3 35i Msport + S2000

Having the same issue with the same window. It will go down fine, but if it goes down all the way it doesn't go back up. Now if it goes down anywhere between 1-90% it will go back up. Only when the edge of the window goes beneath the weatherstripping
      02-22-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
cronus
3 pedals
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i

Do this using the switch on the door that has the issue:

Roll the window all the way down. Let go of the button, then hold the button down for 20 seconds.

Roll the window up. Let go of the button, then hold the button up for 20 seconds.

That worked for me when I replaced a window regulator last month.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW X3 35i Msport + S2000

20 seconds? Damn