E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > NOOB that has a question.

06-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
Jason Bare
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 MB C-Class

Smile NOOB that has a question.

Whats up guys? I have a Merc C-class and really like the new 3. I am in the process of ordering a 330i. I really want leatherette because I think it holds up better. I called my dealer, and they said 'ette can be ordered with the prm. package instead of leather. So my question is: If I do get 'ette with the prm. package, will my doors still have leather since I did pay for it with the package.
Thanks, Jason
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
Athos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6-spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bare
Whats up guys? I have a Merc C-class and really like the new 3. I am in the process of ordering a 330i. I really want leatherette because I think it holds up better. I called my dealer, and they said 'ette can be ordered with the prm. package instead of leather. So my question is: If I do get 'ette with the prm. package, will my doors still have leather since I did pay for it with the package.
Thanks, Jason
I don't know about the leather/leatherette mix question but are you sure you want to do that? The biggest ticket item in the premium package is the leather. As a standalone it invoices for $1320. The premium package is $2000. So, you are saying that BMW Assist, the remotes, lumbar support and autodimming power folding mirrors are worth $2000 to you? Assist as a standalone invoices at $685 so if that is the main item you want you could save quite a bit of money. Wouldn't you be better off putting the money into some other cool options since leatherette comes standard at no extra charge?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bare
Thanks, Jason

I would never ask for any such kind of order without some sort of compensation for the exclusion of leather.

To answer your other question, I believe that when you get the leather option, the door trim is color-matched to the seats, so it has to be leather also. So if you're ordering leatherette the door trim will likely be the same as the seats, in other words it won't be leather.

I think only the gear-shift knob retains leather in all circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
Jason Bare
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 MB C-Class

thanks for the replys. I actually used to have a 2001 325i with tan leather inside. Despite all the cleaning, the color faded in the first year of ownership along the bolsters. Also, those seats wrinkled like crazy just after a few months. My MB that I have now, after a year is wrinkle free, although it is black, I am just worried that this will happen again. How is the leather in the new 3? any problems...thanks...
Appreciate 0