E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Can Somebody Inspect My camshaft? [VIDEOS]

05-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Can Somebody Inspect My camshaft? [VIDEOS]

Hi all, it took a while to get everything together so that I could remove the valve cover, it looked okay until I inspected the camshafts, there appears to be scorch marks and on the very first part of the cam nearest to the timing chain on the right hand side it was black! It looked like oil was burned or maybe lack of oil I'm not sure but it's very strange to me as it was only this one. Anyway, with a microfiber cloth the black did wipe away but underneath it looked like it had taken a bit of a beating showing different colours of metal.. anyway the Valve Cover will be left off tonight as the Valve Cover and injector bores as well as the injectors need a good clean but how are my camshafts and what has caused the first part to go black?

This is a video without the flashlight on

This is a video with the flashlight on

Appreciate 0