E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 330D 2007 - Weird cables on sunglass box / USB Issues

10-09-2018, 04:49 AM   #1
brew-basher
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330D 2007

Exclamation E90 330D 2007 - Weird cables on sunglass box / USB Issues

Hi everyone (sorry for the multi subject post),

I recently bought a 2007 330D in Spain, actually it is my first BMW! It was imported from the Netherlands. The car is in great condition, and I am really happy with it...with exception to the audio situation. The audio system is the BMW Professional, with AUX In and USB.

I don't know if the car has previously been a taxi or undercover police vehicle. There is a multi-pin connector coming out from the sunglass box just ahead of the gear-shift. Any ideas what this could be from, perhaps a Parrot? I am hoping so, as this would be easy to replace. I included a picture of the bracket above the air vent, just in case it gave any hints?

I plugged in a 16GB drive into the USB socket. The radio reads the MP3s and starts to play them, for around five minutes then stops and becomes unresponsive. After around two minutes it jumps over to FM, and refuses to read the USB stick. Has anyone experienced this? I don't believe that it is a compatibility issue, otherwise it would not read the stick/MP3s at all.

I am considered to put a Raspberry Pi into the car, with a 7" touchscreen. The existing bracket makes that quite easy. Anyone done this, if so any tips or hints?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0