E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can’t pass emissions even with dp fix and MHD and JB4 both on map 0.

10-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
IISevv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i FBO

Can’t pass emissions even with dp fix and MHD and JB4 both on map 0.

For the life of me can’t seem to get my car to pass emissions. I have my JB4 set to map 0 and flashed the map 0 MHD tune with the option for stock dp/catted dp checked. I triple checked that my vrsf dp fix is installed correctly and there’s no “SES” light yet 3 readiness monitors still show “unavailable”. Any solutions? I live in AZ where all they do is plug into your OBD port and check monitor readiness and if there’s an engine light.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

You still need to drive it correctly to get the monitors to set as everything will be reset once you reflash to stock/stage 0. You might need to follow the BMW specific driving procedure to get them(monitor readiness) all to work correctly, google can help you find it.

Also, some will say NOT AVAILABLE, that means it is not a check for our cars. Only worry if they say INCOMPLETE.

My post has the BMW driving cycle to set readiness; https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446611
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
IISevv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
You still need to drive it correctly to get the monitors to set as everything will be reset once you reflash to stock/stage 0. You might need to follow the BMW specific driving procedure to get them(monitor readiness) all to work correctly, google can help you find it.

Also, some will say NOT AVAILABLE, that means it is not a check for our cars. Only worry if they say INCOMPLETE.

My post has the BMW driving cycle to set readiness; https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446611
I knew about the drive cycle, but I misunderstood and thought that “not available” meant it was disabled by the tune/downpipes. That really helps, thank you. MHD has an option to flash to completely stock, and an option to flash to stage 0 (stock map). Does that make any difference?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IISevv View Post
I knew about the drive cycle, but I misunderstood and thought that “not available” meant it was disabled by the tune/downpipes. That really helps, thank you. MHD has an option to flash to completely stock, and an option to flash to stage 0 (stock map). Does that make any difference?
Yea, I wasn't sure on the not available/incomplete thing when I first had to worry about it. As you can see if you read my thread I linked, I used Stage 0 and had no issues.
Appreciate 0