F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > BMW 320i Sport ambient lighting.
Studio RSR

10-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
MattEng
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (F30)

BMW 320i Sport ambient lighting.

Since I bought my BMW at the start of the month I've had a bunch of issues. One of which is that I can't get the ambient lighting to work. While the car has been at the dealers for other repairs I've asked them to look at it and now I've been told that my car doesn't have this option.

When I bought the car it was advertised with including an advanced or extended lighting package and I've checked the vin and it is showing as having the S563A 
Light package.

My car has the lights under the exterior handles is this part of the same package which should have the ambient lights? My I drive has the setting to change the lighting from comfort to sport and the brightness. Would this be in the menu if it wasn't included? Just hoping for some help who have the same model with this package. Also I'm from the UK, I think our options are slightly different from the US.

Thanks for any help.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
dashBMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I have same package in my car S563A, and i do have ambient lights on doors and center console and led bulb below above the cup holder.

in the vehicle setting -> lighting -> there is ambient lighting brightness try checking that.

but above package should have lightning package
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

If you have black Dakota leather, it's been agreed that it makes the ambient lighting far less noticeable than on a light colored interior. Did you confirm that there are NO lights and it's not just that it's hard to see? Try posting some pics of the interior at night with the headlights on.
      11-02-2018, 03:26 AM   #4
MattEng
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (F30)

Yeah, There was defiantly no lights working before the car went into the dealers for other work.
Now I've had the car back and they are fine.
Unsure why they are now working as they were checked at the dealers and the technician stated my car does not have the feature. So don't think they did anything to resolve it.
Hopefully they will continue to work now
Appreciate 0