F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > welcome lights always on?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-21-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
Bakrueger
Chillin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i XDrive N20

Welcome lights always on?

Has anyone had issues with the door underside welcome lights staying on when doors are shut?

Mine in particular being only the drivers side has me scratching my head. With the door shut you can see the light still on (quite visibly actually) and it is really distracting at night especially with the interior lighting levels turned up.

What confuses me is that I get no "door ajar" warning indicator as if the car thinks the door is open, so why would this light remain on?

At first I thought maybe polarity just got switched somewhere resulting in the light being off once the door is opened but that is not the case.

HELP!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakrueger View Post
Has anyone had issues with the door underside welcome lights staying on when doors are shut?

Mine in particular being only the drivers side has me scratching my head. With the door shut you can see the light still on (quite visibly actually) and it is really distracting at night especially with the interior lighting levels turned up.

What confuses me is that I get no "door ajar" warning indicator as if the car thinks the door is open, so why would this light remain on?

At first I thought maybe polarity just got switched somewhere resulting in the light being off once the door is opened but that is not the case.

HELP!
What about the passenger side?

Does that one work? The weird thing is left and right are connected together. Also the footwell light.

So if it was a door open or FEM problem they would all light up. Maybe it's the wiring in the door?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
Bakrueger
Chillin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i XDrive N20

It must be wiring in the door because passenger side works as it should. I wonder if perhaps something is worn to the point it is grounding out somewhere...

When I get the chance I'll have to take the panel off and take a peek and I'll be sure to post an update if I find anything! With this darn midwest weather it may be some time before I get around to it.
Appreciate 0