E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Second thoughts about car on order...

06-26-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
Vegas Steve
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Second thoughts about car on order...

I ordered a 325i about four weeks ago. Specs: Electric Red, sport, Sat Radio, and Step. The car is already built and awaiting a shipping vessel. Now I'm having second thoughts because I didn't go for the xenons. I was trying to save a few bucks by skipping them. I really like the look of the car with xenons and just saw one at the dealer without and thought it looked like Actually not that bad but still, I much prefer the look of the 325 with xenons. Now, what should I do? Order another car and wait 2 more months to get what I want or suck it up and be happy with what I ordered? I'm leasing the car so the payment difference is only about $13 a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

go for what you want. chances are, u'll regret when u see a xenon equipped car on the road.
      06-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SparkGraphite

Steve is buying xenons separately an option? Members here have posted about seeing E90 xenon headlights available on Ebay. That way you can have xenons but not have to re-order and wait again.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
Vegas Steve
Rep

Because I'm leasing the car, I don't think switching out the lights are an option. Do you think the dealer will care if they have to order another car?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

if you do that, u'll probably loose the warranty...and installation costs will be expensive. might as well just reorder it
      06-26-2005, 11:22 PM   #6
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Leasing the car and warranty doesn't have to do with xenons you buy separately and install yourself. You'll be installing factory OEM xenon headlights so I doubt warranty would be affected. Plus, even if warranty is affected, it would be the warranty on your factory headlights and who cares about that since they'll be off your car and safe in storage.

Anyways, after you take delivery of the car, swap out your headlights for the xenon ones you buy (it won't be difficult to swap the headlights! I've taken my E46 headlights out plenty of times and it was simple) and when it comes time to return your car from lease, swap it back and sell the xenons and recover a lot of the costs of it!!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

i doubt u will recover the costs of switching the headlights by selling ur stock halogen headlight. even if you could, you have to go through all the trouble. just reorder...it's up to him cuz personally i fully loaded my car knowing of these issues.
      06-26-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic
i doubt u will recover the costs of switching the headlights by selling ur stock halogen headlight. even if you could, you have to go through all the trouble. just reorder...it's up to him cuz personally i fully loaded my car knowing of these issues.
I'm not discouraging him from reordering, just giving him extra options to consider. And I didn't suggest that he sell his stock halogen headlights. What I suggested was that he could consider buying xenon headlights separately and when he gets his car, swap in the xenon headlights, store his halogens until he has to return his car and then swap those back.... then at that point he can sell the xenons... those will fetch a decent price I'm sure.

Lastly, I don't consider swapping out headlights "trouble'.. it's simple. Waiting another extra month or two is more trouble IMO. But that's just my opinion

By all means he should reorder if he thinks this is too much hassle but he should also be aware of other options.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #9
Vegas Steve
Rep

Going to call my salesman tomorrow and see what I need to do to reorder.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Vegas Steve
Rep

Well everyone I just talked to my salesman and I went with another car that was built one week after mine. The only change is it's titanium silver instead of electric red and it has the xenons that I so coveted Thanks for the advice and I should be receiving my car the last week of July
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #11
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Steve
Well everyone I just talked to my salesman and I went with another car that was built one week after mine. The only change is it's titanium silver instead of electric red and it has the xenons that I so coveted Thanks for the advice and I should be receiving my car the last week of July
You did the right thing. Had gone with the other car, evey time you an E90 on the road with xenons you'd have been pissed.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #12
ba baracus
Rep
Drives: soontobethree

Well everyone I just talked to my salesman and I went with another car that was built one week after mine. The only change is it's titanium silver instead of electric red and it has the xenons that I so coveted Thanks for the advice and I should be receiving my car the last week of July.

you made the right decision to reorder your car. i did the same thing and originally ordered my car without xenons but after a quick return to sanity, went back to my dealer and asked for another order. the xenons add a very unique look to the car. and since you can see a difference, it would piss you off in the future if you saw them on other cars and not your own. only added another week longer for you - hope the month of july goes fast.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Glad you got what you wanted, but the jump from Electric Red to Titanium Silver sounds like a big change to me... I guess you didn't care much about the color
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #14
Vegas Steve
Rep

There are so many colors I like on the e90 that having electric red was not priority number one. I was more concerned with having the right options. The new car has exactly the same options I originally ordered plus the xenons. Plus it's already built and just waiting for a shipping vessel. I think I really lucked out on this one
Appreciate 0