E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Trim with Terra Interior

View Poll Results: Terra is best with....
Aluminum trim 33 46.48%
Burl Walnut Trim 38 53.52%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

06-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Red face Trim with Terra Interior

I ordered Terra interior because it's special to the 3 series (not a lot of brown interiors out there.) But I was considering between aluminum trim and the burl walnut wood trims. I was wondering what you guys think? I chose aluminum for now but i still cannot decide for sure.
      06-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #2
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic
I ordered Terra interior because it's special to the 3 series (not a lot of brown interiors out there.) But I was considering between aluminum trim and the burl walnut wood trims. I was wondering what you guys think? I chose aluminum for now but i still cannot decide for sure.
Poplar
      06-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
Bimmerguy
Rep
Drives: 20006 330i

My biggest problem with the Terra Interior (and the reason I didn't order it) is because too much of the car clashes with it. The seat backs, lower door panels, and other parts of the interior are black. The grey interior is grey, the beige (or sand, I'm not sure what the color is called) is sand, but with Terra, a LOT of the interior is a color that really clashes with it.

Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 06:24 AM   #4
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerguy
My biggest problem with the Terra Interior (and the reason I didn't order it) is because too much of the car clashes with it. The seat backs, lower door panels, and other parts of the interior are black. The grey interior is grey, the beige (or sand, I'm not sure what the color is called) is sand, but with Terra, a LOT of the interior is a color that really clashes with it.

Just my opinion

That's what I liked about terra actually because it gives it some uniqueness and different colors in the car. Same color is just too dull for me...but i really want to just go with the beige and wood. Oh...probably because my ex-roommate's 325xi with the red interior (similar to terra but red with black interior trims) looked really good.
      06-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

well, I would take the aluminum because of the wood shortage at the moment. They both look great (the dark wood and alum). The wood is more elegant and gives off an older more sophisticated vibe. The alum is more sporty and "young" . I prefer it, as the 3 is essentially a sporty car! :-)

just my 0.02
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Burl Walnut looks good with almost all E90 interior colours IMHO.... however, I think it emphasises luxury....

I would say go with Aluminium to complete the theme of Sportiness.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic
I ordered terra with my 330i and chose the burl to go with it because that's a much warmer look. I could see myself tiring of the terra/alum combo but not the terra/burl. The latter combo should be timeless.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
well, I would take the aluminum because of the wood shortage at the moment. They both look great (the dark wood and alum). The wood is more elegant and gives off an older more sophisticated vibe. The alum is more sporty and "young" . I prefer it, as the 3 is essentially a sporty car! :-)

just my 0.02
Remember, the wood shortage doesn't affect cars comming to the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite

don't know how the walnut and terra colors will go together, seems like overall too much brown to me. I think aluminum will be a good contrast and not overdue the brownness(not sure if that is a word but you know what I mean)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
Kugr11
Rep
Drives: >200Kmi Honda

poplar gets my vote.

Being a lighter wood, it doesn't have the "Old Boys Club" look of the darker walnut, nor does it have the semi-cold feeling of the aluminum. It's light but still has some "character" via the wood grain.

Does it all clash? Probably. But IMO that what makes it cool and unique - especially since it'll likely be among the least selected combinations. Then again, I always thought the Partridge Family's bus looked cool so what do I know?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #11
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Love my Jet Black w/ Terra and Burl... It's a sick combination, you are going to LOVE it. I get so many compliments, you would not believe. Everyone who sees it has to jump in and run their hands across the leather. They just love the look of Black & Terra.
      06-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugr11
poplar gets my vote.

Being a lighter wood, it doesn't have the "Old Boys Club" look of the darker walnut, nor does it have the semi-cold feeling of the aluminum. It's light but still has some "character" via the wood grain.

Does it all clash? Probably. But IMO that what makes it cool and unique - especially since it'll likely be among the least selected combinations. Then again, I always thought the Partridge Family's bus looked cool so what do I know?
I don't think it clashes at all. To my eye it is very tasteful and classy. I tried several times to upload a pic, but no success. Will try again later.
      06-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #13
Kugr11
Rep
Drives: >200Kmi Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish1
I don't think it clashes at all. To my eye it is very tasteful and classy. I tried several times to upload a pic, but no success. Will try again later.
wish1 - hope the pic upload works. Your 330 Alpine/Terra/Poplar is EXACTLY the combination I've been dying to see! (would also like to see jet blk/terra/poplar as I'm kinda on the fence now but leaning towards alpine)

I said "clash" simply because it had been mentioned previously. I personally don't think the combination clashes at all but rather creates an amazing mix of textures and colors. Very unique!

CONGRATS ON AN AWESOME CHOICE!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #14
ethanthomas
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Poplar works for me.
      06-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

I've got Burl on my Terra, but I'm sure Poplar would look pretty hot too.
      06-29-2005, 10:06 PM   #16
E90 Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Go with the Burl...it complements the two-tone contrast by blending in. Aluminum adds another color and is just too busy, IMHO.
Appreciate 0