E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Strange Noise on Start Up

09-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
3pnt4maro
Long Time Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

Strange Noise on Start Up

I have been experiencing a slightly odd noise on start up here lately....the only thing is that it only does it when the car has sat for several days...I have a work vehicle and drive it when I work as I work a schedule that isnt your average nine to five..I work twelve hours shifts and work three days in a row and will be off for two days and then work for two days and then be off for three...so the car sits for 2-3 days at a time..and on some weekends I will drive my camaro since its the weekend queen/playtoy...

on the period of times when it sits up for a few days and then I crank it for the first time is when I have the noise....I push the button and it cranks normally but at the point where the starter stops on any normal cranking..which to be honest sounds like the starter staying engaged for maybe 1 second longer...its not ever over about a half a second to one second and I never notice any probs with the car....I thought it may be that the motor itself is not oiled up and is "Dry" so to speak but I dont think it would be this loud...I searched and havent seen anything....

what do you guys think and have any of you ever noticed this....The car is stock as the day it came off the assembly line as far as the motor goes...

TIA