E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sunroof replacement

09-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Kiss335i
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Sunroof replacement

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that I had a full replacement of my sunroof because I complained about "Tac...tac...tac" noise when opening the sunroof, from mid to the end of the opening operation.

but the main problem was to deal with a lot of greasy fingerprints all around the sunroof inside the car! this happened twice, when the check for the problem 2 weeks ago and when they replace it! And they also scratched the aluminium trim around the shifter! They clean the car after I report it and they will change the trim!

I cannot understand how they did'nt check the car before return it back to the customer! They do have a quality control ! No?

K.I.S.S ...Keep it simple stupid
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss335i View Post
Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that I had a full replacement of my sunroof because I complained about "Tac...tac...tac" noise when opening the sunroof, from mid to the end of the opening operation.

but the main problem was to deal with a lot of greasy fingerprints all around the sunroof inside the car! this happened twice, when the check for the problem 2 weeks ago and when they replace it! And they also scratched the aluminium trim around the shifter! They clean the car after I report it and they will change the trim!

I cannot understand how they did'nt check the car before return it back to the customer! They do have a quality control ! No?
this goes for everywhere around the globe. These guys get paid for teh quantity of cars they do not quality. I wished the same as you but my hopes are gone long ago. Even Aston Martin's service sucks.
      09-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

They are replacing mine today.. they told me a full day. I thought it was the mechanism/linkage nope they meant the WHOLE thing. I am very surprised... I thought that it would be a lube issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
Kiss335i
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
They are replacing mine today.. they told me a full day. I thought it was the mechanism/linkage nope they meant the WHOLE thing. I am very surprised... I thought that it would be a lube issue.
It tooks also a full day for me..the only fun part about that it's they give a brand new mini club man cooper S (500km) as a loaner.

By the way check the inside of the car before leaving the dealer!

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

What a coincidence! They lent me a black 512km Mini Cooper S (Turbo ) as well!

Repair well done.

For the first year 9000 miles, in warranty repair and 2 weeks 3 days later, we must be close to 6-7K$CAD at retail prices. They changed my whole airbag.... because of the logo! Had to jump start my car 15-20 times, too.

Good thing I love the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
Kiss335i
Private
Canada
Rep

In 14 months, I've been at Laval dealer, except for service, 3 times to do repairs under warranty:
- Once to correct the rpm because it was unstable
- Once for engine power failure, they change the oil twice to clean the engine from small metallic debris.
- Once to change de sunroof

And there will be another one to change the trim that they scratched last time!

Appreciate 0