E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 - has the disc had it and other maintenance qs

05-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
eshroom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

e90 - has the disc had it and other maintenance qs

Should I replace my rear discs? Handbrake never really worked in the 8 years I've owned the car. I guess rusty discs don't help. I've replaced front discs, don't think I've ever done rear. How rusty is too rusty?

I have decided as my manual 2007 e92 330d M57 is generally in great condition and I drive it carefully and service it regularly, rather than sell for peanuts, I'd like to get another 8 years out if, so with 110,000 miles, 60,000 of which is mine, I am planning some preventative maintenance.

- Oil change for gearbox and diff
- New crankcase breather
- Sort out dodgy handbrake I've been happily living with
- New glowplugs (not giving me any issues, but am getting an error code)

Any other suggestions for preventative maintenance? Is there any preventative maintenance I can do to the turbo?

Was also considering a map - generally inadvisable for a 100k mile car, but as I've put the miles on it and know I am a sensible driver (i.e. I give it some welly occasionally, but generally don't drive like I stole it - certainly don't drive it like I sued to drive my 330ci), is it still inadvisable?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Boosted12a
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i x

They don't look to have a lip on em. Id just clean the rust off and paint the non friction surface with some high temp paint. The e brake in inside the rotor, it's a brum brake. I think the adjustment is done through on of the wheel stud holes. With all the rust I would pull the rotors and inspect the e brake components. I'm sure you can find the measurements for the min thickness if the rust has eaten away at it. It should be stamped on the outside edge of the rotor.
Appreciate 0