F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M Sport Conversion in Northern Cal
Studio RSR

07-29-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

M Sport Conversion in Northern Cal

Purchased a 2018 330i with the base body.

Looking to add the M sport body sometime soon but want to know if anyone knows a good body shop in Northern California near Sacramento or within a few hours from here. Any recommendations on trusted shops that can paint and install for me?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 02:03 AM   #2
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Concourse Elite in Chico was always my go-to body shop, but they completely screwed the PDC on my 435i a few years ago.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Concourse Elite in Chico was always my go-to body shop, but they completely screwed the PDC on my 435i a few years ago.
Appreciate the reply but now thinking adding an M body with the original color is not going to happen. I have the Mineral White on my f30 and after doing a bit of reading around here, i found out how difficult the color is for shops to match.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
Appreciate the reply but now thinking adding an M body with the original color is not going to happen. I have the Mineral White on my f30 and after doing a bit of reading around here, i found out how difficult the color is for shops to match.
I have mineral white as well and if I had known how terrible the color match would be, I would have paid a bit more to get it done at a proper paint shop. But if you're looking for like 200 per panel type of paint, it will not match it at all, and worst of all it will chip super easily like mine.

Color match is terrible in mine but even with that... I actually don't regret getting rid of the sport line body panels. Some are good with it but to me it's definitely been well worth it for me to get the conversion.

But if you can, just go panel by panel and get front bumper done first as that will change it the most.
      07-31-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
I have mineral white as well and if I had known how terrible the color match would be, I would have paid a bit more to get it done at a proper paint shop. But if you're looking for like 200 per panel type of paint, it will not match it at all, and worst of all it will chip super easily like mine.

Color match is terrible in mine but even with that... I actually don't regret getting rid of the sport line body panels. Some are good with it but to me it's definitely been well worth it for me to get the conversion.

But if you can, just go panel by panel and get front bumper done first as that will change it the most.
I found at least one other member that was able to get it done on here, so i just have to try and find a very reliable shop somewhere in Northern CA.

I'll probably buy the Front bumber first and confirm the shop can match the paint
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
shayne.k
Rep
Drives: F32

I live in davis. I installed it myself as it was fairly easy. As far as painting goes, i had some guy paint the entire kit for $800. I wouldn’t recommend him but i was wrapping the car so it didn’t matter. The paint was spot on for the color but too much orange peel and not very sturdy. When i was wrapping it i noticed it was peeling. If you want it done right, try bmw of concord collision center. Those guys are top notch
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #7
eyemslumped
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i Sport

Hey!

I'm also in Sacramento AND I have a mineral white 2016 328i that I'm trying to convert to M sport as well

Let me know if you figure this out man.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 11:44 PM   #8
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemslumped View Post
I'm also in Sacramento AND I have a mineral white 2016 328i that I'm trying to convert to M sport as well

Let me know if you figure this out man.

Thanks!
Yea, you would think finding options in California wouldn't be too difficult but i haven't heard any recommendations as of yet.
Appreciate 0