F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Loose/Sloppy Steering
proTUNING Freaks

08-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
ScubaSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive M Sport

Loose/Sloppy Steering

Hello all, looking for some help and advice. I have a 2013 335 xdrive and this weekend coming home on a 7 hr drive it became apparent to me how bad the steering has become on my car. I used to only really notice it every once in a while but yesterday on the highway anything more than just a gentle turn would trip the traction control and the little TC light would flicker for a few seconds in the instrument cluster and then go away. The steering feels so loose and sloppy and by no means has that "tight" bmw feel anymore. The car is lowered on H&R sport springs. I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to the steering linkage but from what I've read maybe the bushings need to be replaced? The car has 105,000 km on it now. I'll try and peek around on the forums but I'm sure I've seen some schematics of the front end on these cars. Is it a fairly simple job to do? I did the front brakes myself just last week and installed the springs a few years back. Will the car need an alignment after doing this? I recall being told anytime you touch the suspension that the alignment will need to be done. TIA
Appreciate 0