F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs 10-20-31-18-22 before and after pics
GetBMWParts

08-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Stevro
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive M Sport

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs 10-20-31-18-22 before and after pics

I took advice from various threads on here. Thanks kpgray!

Couldn't afford coilovers so went with springs. Car feels better, but could be all in my mind. Looks better.

Drop looks like 15mm. Apologies I didn't measure it accurately. Red lines should show the before and after are pretty accurate as far as they can be.

I also added 20mm spacers all round.

Remapped to 400 bhp too.

Brake upgrade next, although I wanted to do them first. Long story!
Attached Images

Last edited by Stevro; 08-26-2020 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 3
kpgray333.00
ali820272.50
      08-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Looks good! Are you on stock shocks or did you upgrade? Did you change bump stops?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Stevro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Looks good! Are you on stock shocks or did you upgrade? Did you change bump stops?
Thanks. Stock shocks (for now).

The company who did the work do loads of these, so hoping the bump stops are ok. I'll get my mechanic to have a look when he does my brakes next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 04:26 PM   #4
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevro View Post
Thanks. Stock shocks (for now).

The company who did the work do loads of these, so hoping the bump stops are ok. I'll get my mechanic to have a look when he does my brakes next week.
Thanks, I'm considering Eibachs on my car and there is mixed opinion out there on what bump stops to use.

How many miles were on your stock shocks to start with? Mine are at 67K so I'm unsure whether I can run them for long with new springs.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
Stevro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Thanks, I'm considering Eibachs on my car and there is mixed opinion out there on what bump stops to use.

How many miles were on your stock shocks to start with? Mine are at 67K so I'm unsure whether I can run them for long with new springs.
I put some trust in the company who do the conversions. They have a very positive fan base on social media, only do BMW upgrades, and have plenty of M models in for work. There was an M4 Competition in the same day as me.

I'm a newbie to driving and modding (although I'm an old geezer; a late starter) so still finding my way.

I have an independent who looks after me. He did my 3 Series, 6 Series, and now, my 4 Series. He'll check it over, so at least I get a second opinion.

The ride feels better, but may be down to me feeling more confident in corners.

Considering xDelete after my brakes are done.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #6
ali820
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Car looks great! I have the exact same setup down to the wheels and spacers and it looks absolutely perfect!

After running for almost a year no major complaints, except the usual issues with a lowered car.

Adaptive dampers still work relatively well, but I have a feeling an upgrade will be needed.

One thing I didn't realize when lowering an xdrive is the additional load it would have on the front CV axles, and higher potential for failure. Thankfully, seems these are rare.

(Edit) xDelete is totally worth it!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
Stevro7.00