E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Clutch Issues!!!

10-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #1
dilloncorrallo
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Clutch Issues!!!

Hello all. Finally got around to pulling my trans today to see what’s up with my clutch but here’s a little backstory.

One day driving decided to do a second gear pull and clutch took a crap on me.

Here are some photos of the clutch flywheel and pressure plate.

Looks like oil got on it to me but I do not believe it to be the rear main but due to when i over extended my slave cylinder ( pushing the clutch while it’s unbolted from tranny) and leaked brake fluid everywhere. But I didn’t have any issues until almost a year later and the clutch never showed signs of slipping?

it also looks like something was grinding on the outside of the pressure plate.

Anyone have any idea where I should go from here?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
dilloncorrallo
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
since no one can point me in the correct direction, i believe i will get the flywheel refinished but replace clutch and pressure plate. also finally do that stupid pilot bearing in the trans input shaft and try to conquer the rear main.My guess is oil contamination from brake fluid( back when i had the slave cylinder accident ). What still doesn’t make sense to me is that it failed instantaneously with no symptoms of clutch slippage prior.
Appreciate 0